Thursday, April 6, 2023

Bent Every Which Way But Straight

 

                                                                         (not him)

Tuesday night, I lowered my chair and was met with resistance and a weird sound.  The chair raising mechanism was toast, it appeared. Well, finally, it worked. Something had slipped under the chair and in the lift mechanism. The whole chair is now whomperjawed. The left side of the footrest is lower than the right. The seat lists to the left. The left arm is lower. This throws off my whole body. 

When I awoke this morning, my left knee would not hold me up. I slept like a log for about seven hours. I must have slept wrong on my knee. Or, the chair not sitting right could be the problem, maybe both.

After I got up from a nap, just now, the pain in my left knee is worse. I managed to get to my chair. Then, I had Tommy bring in my walker. Hopefully, using it to get to the sink to wash my hair will work. The pain is so bad, my knee just collapses. 

Now, Tommy is back to getting things for me. Usually, my knee stops hurting just as quickly as it starts. Not this time. I may have to resort to an aspirin along with the cream I am using. NOW, I cannot walk without knee collapsing and extraordinary pain. 

Thursday

Well, I just figured out Sunday is Easter. Walking is no better. 

Today, Tommy drove me to Publix--slaw mix, lettuce, carrots, milk, bread, apples, bananas, strawberries, Halls Mentholyptus cough drops, eggs, two chocolate Lindt Easter Bunnies for Easter. When I got in the car, I told Tommy I bought a slice of carrot cake to share tonight. He was very effusive with "Oh GOOD!" We enjoyed it. 

We picked up eight more covid tests. I am still negative. These tests were so hard and confusing. Okay, the directions left out things. So, I wasted the first test. There are six more. 

Tonight, I gave Tommy instructions to put eggs on to boil. Well, he put the lid on the pot. Why? I was timing them with lid off, but at least I managed to get in the kitchen to see it. He left frozen meat on the counter to thaw. Why?

Tommy's voice is suffering as he sounds like a very old man whose voice is soft but still low. I hope it comes back. He told me my voice is not back yet, either. He said it sounds hollow. I have no idea what that is. 

We planned nothing for this weekend as neither of us have much energy or ambition other than to eat well and stay well. 

He is having ham and I am having chicken breast. I think he is opening green beans. I made cole slaw in my recliner. So, we are back in the groove. Since I boiled 6 eggs, I had one with a sliver of butter on the hot egg. I will make one into two deviled eggs for me and the other four will go into potato salad. 

The eggs peeled perfectly since I used really old eggs. I need to color some just because it is Easter. We do have our chocolate bunnies, but I think we need colored eggs of some sort. I am not sure where my molds for Jello eggs are hiding. 

I forgot to call about getting the chair repaired. Since tomorrow is Good Friday, I doubt I will get much of a response.

On Friday, we need to go to the grocery store again since I did not get everything we need. Tommy is going in with an electric cart, too. Today, I hit a table with Easter cookies and pastries on it and was so embarrassed! They added a table in the aisle, so it was easy to hit. I did the same thing to the extra table with Christmas cookies. ugh! 

The Sedum Joy is regrowing after the winter. It always does. I think the Gerbera Daisy is the plant with all the green growth. 

What are your Easter plans? 

Have you ever broken a recliner or lift chair? How did you break it?

6 comments:

  1. No plans for Easter here. I remember the day for its reason - not all the bunny junk. Isn't your chair relatively new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I am into bunny junk. If not, I would not buy bunny junk. It is somewhere around a year old.

      Delete
  2. I'll bet your recliner is still under warranty.

    I never liked those Jello eggs even though I love Jello. Mostly because you're supposed to grease the molds with cooking spray to ensure the eggs release. But who wants to eat Jello covered in oil?

    No big plans for Easter here. Making a nice brunch that includes bacon. I might cook the bacon today to get it out of the way. I am going to try a new recipe for Eggs Florentine that include masarpone cheese. It looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I doubt it since we have had it for 14 months. And, it is very obvious something happened beyond normal wear and tear.

      Delete
  3. I write this on Easter. There are no plans but do Sunday chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      We have no plans either. Today is Easter as I write and we did nothing except the necessary thing/chores.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...