Monday, May 8, 2023

Blasting my Head

 Since my upset in my plans on Friday and subsequent watching of the Coronation, I have not been well. I have not gotten enough sleep and consequently have been out of sorts. Right now, my body is throbbing. But, I was in bed for an hour and could not sleep. I don't toss and turn, but I do not sleep. 

Tommy fertilized all the flowers late this afternoon. They are all growing well. I am still waiting for more blooms. 

Today, I went to the dermatologist. He froze a thing on my head, my crown, a growth? He warned me I would get an ice cream headache. I told him I had never had an ice cream headache. He assured me I did not know what other people went through and how bad the freezing was going to hurt. Well, after four blasts of freezing, painful blasts, I felt nothing; my scalp was just a bit tight for about ten seconds. 

He said my infected finger was getting better and did nothing. Now, four hours later, it is worse with huge pocket of pus. So, now I go back. I have already operated on it twice, and it is back.

The two places he blasted/froze on my arm hurt so bad! I suppose I need to put a bandage on them the keep me from scratching or even touching them. I made another appointment to have a growth on another place frozen, and I will not tell you where that location is. 

Saturday night, I made meatloaf-filled bell pepper for Tommy and just a dish of meatloaf for me. I would not eat the bell pepper, so no use wasting one. Of course, I dice bell pepper in the meatloaf. That was dinner on Sunday night, too. We had slaw and squash and something else.

Tonight, we are having BLTs. I may just have mine in a bowl as a salad and only one slice of toast cut up. 

Tonight, as I stumbled out of bed after the failed nap, I decided to get more food from the bedroom for the kitchen--sweet relish, Hunt's tomato paste, Miracle Whip. Tommy had to tell me that we ran out of the sweet relish but had plenty of dill relish. All three items were bought on sale. Of course, we are eating cheaper than if we bought at today's prices. 

Have you had an ice cream headache? I wish I could have just one to see what it is like. My little brother had them every time, and I felt so sorry for him. 

Have you ever had a growth frozen off anywhere on your body? Hurts, doesn't it. 

Have you had a BLT yet this season? 

10 comments:

  1. An ice cream headache is just intense pain for a few minutes. There's hardly anything special about it--it just means you gobbled cold food too quickly. No one dies from it, so I don't know what your derm was going on about.

    And everyone experiences pain differently. He's not very good if he is telling you how badly the freezing will hurt! He's supposed to downplay the pain: "It will sting just a bit, but then it will be over quickly." What a dope, winding up his patients like that!

    Yes, covering your newly burned areas is probably a good idea. Once they are scabbed over you can keep them moist with plain vaseline and a bandage. You don't want them to get dried out because they will be more likely to scar up.

    At first I thought you were being all cagey about not wanting to reveal the location of a new dermatologist. THEN I realized that you meant the location of the growth, not the location of a new dermatologist. LOL! Oh well, now *I* am the dope!

    I would sterilize a needle in a flame and puncture the finger pus pocket myself. Soak it in some hydrogen peroxide, bandage it well, and call it good. But then, I really hate doctor's appointments, so there's that. I hate getting dressed, putting on makeup and wasting all that time. It all just cuts too far into my tv/bonbon time...

    BLTs sound divine! I made Fire Chicken Noodles tonight, which were not as spicy as usual. I made sesame sauce, coleslaw, and steamed broccoli which complemented the chicken noodles surprisingly well. I allowed myself 1/2 cup of the ramen, and it was divine. Pleasures are danged skurce when a half cup of low-rent ramen sends one to the moon on gossamer wings... LOL!!!!

    BLTs are seasonless (although yes, they are best with fresh tomatoes) so I never have to wait for them. But I AM looking forward to gazpacho season. Now that is truly a seasonal dish--all those fresh, healthy, delicious veggies!

    I know what you mean about restocking the kitchen. I have been running out of everything lately, and keep having to trudge to the basement to grab from the pantry. The last item was curry. I have been making curried chicken salad lately. I was disappointed to find that I did not have hot Madras curry powder, only the regular stuff. I like my curry powder to have a kick. Oh well. Guess I can always add cayenne to bring the pain. :^)

    Yaaaaaawwwwwn! I am going to stop babbling mindlessly and go to bed. Sweet dreams to you and Tommy, Linda! ZZZzzzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little brother was in intense pain for more than a few minutes. Most people I know think they are awful. I ask him if it will hurt like my back, and was preparing me for the pain. I like that as surprise pain is not nice. I want to hear the truth from my doctors.
    I have to dig out the bandaids since I cannot locate them. This itches so and I can reach it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,
    I have no idea why I posted. I use a clean pen needle for an injection to cut it open. And, then put a mupiricin on it.
    I try to avoid food pain! I set out more things to move to the kitchen, but three items was all I could stagger down the hall carrying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good BLT probably one of my favorite sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Mine, too. I ate mine like a salad with NO bread. Still delicious.

      Delete
    2. I haven't had an Alabama BLT yet this season. I really love Sand Mountain tomatoes. YUM! I have had places frozen off and it can definitely be painful. I have also had an ice cream headache - brain freeze!

      Delete
    3. Lisa,
      I usually get my tomatoes from Cullman, but if they look good, I will have them from other places. I did not know Sand Mountain tomatoes were good. You had the ice cream head ache, brain freeze, from freezing something off your head?

      Delete
  5. I have only had a mild ice cream headache a couple of times. I've had some skin things frozen off and it's not pleasant att he time but it doesn't last long so I think it's quite a good way to deal with stuff.

    BLT isn't something I've eaten many of but I love a chicken, lettuce and mayo sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kylie,
    My brother's ice cream headaches were long-lasting and he hurt so. Getting things frozen off is excruciating to me!
    Chicken, lettuce, and tomato is delicious, too. Turkey also.
    The South is BLT heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And chicken salad heaven too, apparently! Of course Southern cuisine is pretty exquisite as a whole. Best barbecue ever! Oh, those burnt ends...

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...