Friday, May 5, 2023

Hard Friday

 Thursday night, I slept for 5 1/2 hours and was proud of myself. Then, I had to go to an appointment for a test. I had to lie down and my back was in excruciating pain the whole time. The woman squeezed my leg so hard and had my lie in a position that made my back in more pain. 

We had to drive in the rain for about ten minutes while I thought I would die! Tommy has not washed the car windows since he washed them with a nasty tool like they have at service stations. And, even more pollen was on the windshields. He spent the whole ten minutes fiddling with the wiper adjustment. I asked him to spritz some water and it was out. v

When we got home about 3 pm after another short chore, there was a huge package on the porch. I could not lift it or even push it. No clues as to what is was or who it was for. Finally, I saw an obscure little label that said something about double lift mechanism. First and only clue--the replacement for the machinery under the lift chair. 

I called the store and they said they would come get it. This was about 3 pm. Well, I needed a nap and stayed up until 7:15. Two minutes earlier, I decided to change clothes. I came back into the living room without my pants on because sitting on the bed makes my back hurt and I almost slide off the bed. So, I am sitting in my lift chair pantless and the guy is coming to the door. I told Tommy to hurry and get to the door and stay where he could not see me. Do you think he could do that? Well, you know the answer. 

When I told Tommy to move over so he could not see me. Well, he moved over even further. Finally, I yelled at him that I am naked, move to the right. So, he moved all the way from the door on the left. I was fit to be tied. Well, he said he did not hear me say anything but to move. He thought I wanted to talk to the guy. The first thing I told him was to go to the door and stand where the guy could not see me!

He was not the guys unloading the truck who were supposed to come, according to the owner. This guy explained that this is the way the repair company worked. First, they deliver the supplies so that they are here when the show up to work. He said the box was under cover. I explained that for almost a week there would be rain and dampness. Then, he wanted to put it in the carport. I explained that rain blows into the carport and the box would get wet. The guy really wanted to leave it, but what if someone stole it?

I have no idea why they told me they would be right over to pick up the box. I have no idea why we are supposed to store it. I have no idea why they sent one guy since he pushed the box to the road. He was not young enough to handle that box. 

After he left and Tommy and I went round and round over what happened, I went to bed. I lay there for an hour with no nap and my back hurt worse all the time. 

Finally, I got up and found the eggs he was boiling in a small pot on the large eye. I changed them to the correct eye and a few minutes later tried to peel and egg that was raw. Tommy said he put them on about fifteen minutes before I got up. No, maybe two minutes before. 

Even though I was going to take a nap before the coronation, I am still up at 11:30. I chopped carrot straws to put into the Suddenly Salad instead of celery. Now, I have to pick the peas out of the dry pasta. 

This will do for the Saturday post. I will post about the coronation on Sunday morning if I can keep my eyes open for the whole event. 

My wildflowers in two pots are coming up. Of course, I have no idea what they are, but it looks like a bunch of weeds. We transplanted nothing, but Tommy watered everything. 

Maybe I can get a bit of sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to get some more sleep. The deal with the chair mechanics sounds frustrating. 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I got a bit more sleep, not much. I suppose the mechanics will give us no warning, either. Well, we have something to do every day, so they may be turned away if they don't call first. And, I don't mean a call saying they are 15 minutes away.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...