Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Sleepy Monday

 When I awoke Monday morning at about 11 am, I had slept for less than three hours. So, you can imagine how the day went. Not well. I had a list of about 8 things to accomplish. I managed to get one thing done. Oh, I found a phone number right under my nose after I searched most of the day. 

The cardinals need to be assembled. Then, I will paint. So, I had four cans of red spray paint. One bird was painted with one can. I hated the color. I used another can for Christmas decorations. That was awful. Somehow, I bought an identical, yet larger can of the Christmas paint. That means I only had one new color red. 

I went out, put a scrap of wood on a box and sprayed a test patch. They are still in the yard since we went somewhere later. Testing the paint colors was the one thing on the list I managed to accomplish!

The cable went out about 4 pm, so that was frustrating. We talked, laughed, did a few things around the house. Finally, we went to McD to use the wifi and watched a bit of news and funny videos as we ate a burger. That was dinner. We will eat double vegetables tomorrow. The cable and wifi was on by the time we came home at 6 pm. 

We did stop by Publix to see if the Double Q Salmon was in yet since we have a rain check. No luck. I can eat a whole can of salmon plain. I love the little bones. I can smell the salmon croquettes right now. 

Tommy bought Breyer's Mango ice cream. It tasted like poison. We don't know who might like it and would take open ice cream. It will be poured down the sink. I refuse to eat calories and carbs that I hate. I can eat 1/4 cup and be satisfied, but I refuse. 

Today, a bit of decluttering occurred, just a bit. And, I hung dark clothes that Tommy washed for me. 

Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, I will use some of the chicken to make a casserole. I found frozen broccoli in the freezer. I will make two tiny casseroles so we can each have the ingredients we like. Plus, the casseroles will both be for two meals for each of us. I will put purple cauliflower in mine, maybe Tommy's, too, if he is amenable to it. 

By the way, the man who complained loudly every time I mentioned putting pimiento into anything, now likes it. I just don't add the liquid from the jar. I put some into a chicken casserole, and he did not say word in protest at the addition. 

I considered taking a nap but decided to power through until after the news at 10 pm. I yawned until the news was over and went straight to bed and fell asleep immediately. Well, at 12:30 I had to go to the bathroom and could not sleep! So much for getting an early start on a good night's sleep. It is 3 am, and I cannot sleep. 

This was a long post for so little to say! It is almost 4 am, so I may go to bed and try to sleep. 

Who is up at 4 am today?

6 comments:

  1. I bought some pimentos last week to make pimento cheese. I think it will be a nice change of pace on these hot summer days. You both were smart to go to McDs to escape the heat and get on the Wi-Fi when your power went out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I am about ready to make pimiento and cheese. Love it. The power did not go out, just cable. We would not have waited two hours to get out of here.

      Delete
  2. I was not awake at 4am, but I was awake at 2am and again at 630am. I am having trouble with my sleep lately; I know it's the heat and humidity and my lack of fresh air and sunshine. I am hating New England summer this year. I may as well be in Mobile, Alabama!

    I need to get up off my butt and make some chicken taquitos for freezer meals. They cook straight from frozen and are spicy and cheesy. And I use low-carb tortillas so they aren't a carb-killer meal, especially when I serve them over chopped cherry tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.

    Oh, look! More rain! May as well be thankful 'cause being mad won't make it stop, anyway. Hope everyone is having a good day and staying cool and dry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Mobile is very close to me. The humidity has been horrid. But, I do love the heat.
      I will make a chicken casserole to last two meals. It will have all or most of my favorite things.
      I may not be thankful for the rain, but I do know it is necessary. A good drought would be nice as long as it let up soon.

      Delete
  3. I wake up many times through the night but i don't stay awake. Today there was no 4am , just 12.30, 1.30 and 6.15 which I was happy about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,.
      I would not complain so much if I could go back to sleep. I, too, wake up to go to the bathroom and go back to sleep. But, the times I wake up and then I am up for hours are debilitating. I am glad you can get back to sleep. Maybe some day I can.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...