Thursday, July 6, 2023

Toe Towel

 

                                             17" toe towel and covers


Today is International Kissing Day. Celebrate! Not with toe towels!

We are still eating leftovers and there is no complaint from either of us. However, we made a grocery list after looking over the three ads. We were going to go this afternoon but waited too late. It started raining. So, the plan is to go tomorrow. 

BSCB are $1.79 at The Pig. I just hope they are not all gone tomorrow. Double Q Pink Alaskan Salmon is bogo $4.49, Monk Fruit sweetener is bogo and expensive. 

The KoolAid needed a cup of sugar. I did not put a cup of Swerve, maybe 3/4 cup. It is incredibly sweet. Tommy is okay with it. 

I love canned salmon. The last time I made salmon croquettes, I ate half the can before I cooked! I really want to put salmon in scrambled eggs. I loved that when I was a child. 

We did not try to start the grill today and I still need to dress Tommy's wound. I could not sleep until 8 am this morning, then did not sleep enough and have just felt rotten and listless all day. Asthma has caused me to cough uncontrollably. However, I have done just a bit of decluttering. 

Swerve makes the KoolAid palatable. I will try monk fruit sweetener next time. Tommy is okay with it. I was coughing and deleted the rest of this paragraph, and I have no idea what it said!

The people with fireworks must have shot them all because all is quiet tonight.

Today, my toe and foot towel came. CLICK HERE for description. It is long enough I can reach between my toes! And it has little removable covers to help wash or dry toes. I ordered one for Tommy and he has no idea where it is. He can share this one if he does not lose mine, too. 

Tommy will not believe me that the sewer line is getting clogged again. Tonight, it would not flush a bit of solid. Last time, he waited until we had to wait three days without flushing. And, that was after it came up in the commode and spewed out from under the commode. He will never learn. He forbade me to put salt in the commode aand flush it. I did it surreptitiously for about two weeks and got tired of the stress. There is a dogwood tree right near it the line, so that really needs to come down. It is misshapen, ugly, and dying, but he wants it. 

Do you ever use a toe towel or something similar to wash and dry between toes? 

Have the fireworks stopped at your house?


10 comments:

  1. No on the toe towel. But Son2 had a tree he put up with for 5 yrs causing sewage issues. After going through a weekend of no toilet and having to use the potty chair Daddy made (5 gallon bucket hooks under the seat) he had ex son in law take it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next time he has to pay to unclog the line of tree roots, he will probably be willing to lose the tree. Dogwood have shallow roots, so they love the line. I do have a hospital chair I got when I had knee surgery, just in case I needed something close. Maybe I will get it out of the storage unit.

      Delete
  2. I never saw or heard of a toe towel. The fireworks here (country) were mainly July 2nd. they had them in the city on the 4th tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I first saw one in a catalogue for items for people with disabilities. Who knew? They did have them informally, but officially on the 4th.

      Delete
  3. The fireworks have not stopped yet, but hopefully soon.. That is a good price on the chicken. That is a stock up price. We love salmon here too and really enjoy salmon patties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I wonder if they bought a lot of fireworks or go back and buy more. I told Tommy the same thing. I will buy as much as I can put in the freezer.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of toe towels, but I can see the need for them. The fireworks went on until 11:00 PM on the 4th, but they were shooting them off around the neighborhood starting Friday night. It was unnerving. Missouri has different rules regarding fireworks. You can shoot them off at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhitter,
      I love them. Tommy and I both need them.
      Even in places where fireworks at home are illegal, people shoot them off and the police let it go! There were none close enough or loud enough to be unnerving. I have had them too close and too loud, but not this year.

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of a toe towel. Hey, I learned something !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      When you cannot reach your toes, you now know help is available.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...