Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Barely Here

 I am better. The fever is gone. The cough just seems to get worse. Exhaustion floods me. I know I will get better, but it seems a while off right now. Until this afternoon, I had not been out of the house except once. Still, I have not gone in a store. 

Sunday, I wanted a Whopper; Monday, a chicken tender; Tuesday, Arby's, a beef and cheddar, minus red ranch. Other than those, I had cereal, fruit, few vegetables, little bread. 

Well, I wrote the above and had to take a nap. Wednesday, I managed to clean up and slice up the potatoes Tommy peeled, carrots, orange pepper, and onion which Tommy cooked in the oven. I had meatballs from the freezer, and he had ground beef with onions, cooked to put in spaghetti or something. Later, I had half an apple and bowl with yogurt and blueberries. 

I am eating a bit more each day. But, the lethargy is deeper, it seems. I can talk but barely. One of the worst parts of this is the nasty taste the Paxlovid causes in my mouth! 

One day when Tommy was in grocery, I called and had him tracked down in the store to call me. Well, I told him to get me flowers. He said that he already had me something. "okay"  It was a pack of 9 brownies, not what I wanted. Of course, I ate them. It seems that before my birthday I had said I do not need cake and ice cream, that a brownie sounded better. Well, this was more than one brownie and had icing, not how I like a brownie. 

So, a few minutes ago, I mentioned flowers. Little reaction. I will have to get them myself with his card. He did mention yesterday going to a jewelry store to buy me a necklace. I need to hurry and get better. 

I wasted the peaches, letting them get very over-ripe because I could not even peel them. Same with plums. I was going to cut both and store. The peaches were delicious. Tommy did not even try one, and he likes peaches. 

There were three places I wanted to eat, but I did not feel like going there. Of course, that was for whole month, so maybe I will feel like doing pickup later, maybe next week. So, there was no celebrating. But, I did live to be 77! There will be other days. He did sing "Happy Birthday" to me on my birthday. 

He used the fertilizer spikes I bought for the Meyer Lemon tree. It seemed to green up some the next day. All the leaves were becoming sort of yellow. I thought it was just turning for Fall. Maybe not. 

We saw a sign on a pickup truck and decided to see what the people were selling. They were giving away free puppies. They were black lab with "some collie." They were mixed with Border Collie. That is what Sadie was. She was the only dog I ever had for my own. But, she was killed getting in the road at about 5 months. I really wanted one of these dogs, but we are barely able to care for ourselves, and the dog cannot be an indoor dog. Sadie came from the back of a pickup truck too, at Lacon Flea Market.

I keep having to rest. I touch-type very well, but this has been a burden to correct what I type. Believe me, it was illegible. It's like my fingers forgot where the keys are.

Okay, I am back to recovery mode. 

What did you accomplish today? 

Plans for this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. My mom and I were visiting her sister in Madison, AL and we ended up at a flea market in Decatur. My aunt and I both left that day with the prettiest little puppies ever. American Eskimo Spitz breed. It was probably 1983 or 1984. I named mine Snowball and she named hers Ammo. Not for ammunition, but the Am from American and Mo from Eskimo. Hers lived a long life, and mine died by getting out in the road after a couple of years.

    I have very few plans for this weekend other than laundry. Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary this prior weekend by going to Gatlinburg. I may keep the grands on Saturday.

    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Flea market dogs are the best. It is too bad about your getting killed in the road. That is what happened to my Sadie. I wondered about the name.

      Happy anniversary! That sounds like a low-key weekend coming up. Well, depending on level of energy of grandkids. Have fun with them.

      Delete
  2. I found out lemon trees need a lot of fertilizer. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thanks for that information. Yes, this whole birthday is late!

      Delete
  3. I cleaned and vacuumed and Windexed and I'm not sure you can even tell.

    I have 2 roof leaks and called the guy who did the replacement 2 years ago. He came right over. One he knows what the problem is and the other he has to investigate. I guess I should just be grateful I have a roof guy and he came right over, huh? But...I am just over the hassles like this.
    I have 2 bathrooms to clean and I can't seem get my butt in gear. Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist and spend 2 hours getting a broken molar ready for a crown. So pleased about that. NOT.

    I am OVER it. "It" being EVERYTHING.
    2023, I hate you. And that's an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      He knows what the problem is? Did he cause it? I hope he gets right on it. I need to have a tooth root canal done and crown. I am not happy about that! I hope things ease up for you. I am not considering cleaning anything!

      Delete
    2. Sigh. They are not problems he caused. All this torrential rain we're having has been causing unanticipated problems. He'll be very fair and reasonable. He's one awesome handyman (does windows, roofs, doors, electrical, additions, bathrooms--EVERYTHING!) and I am so lucky to have found him. He was taught by his father and learned the old-school ways.

      But I'm still sick of dealing with one damn problem after another. I feel like I can't catch my breath...

      I did get the 2 bathrooms cleaned, as well as more vacuuming and swiffering. Big whoop. It will just have to be done again. Housework stinks.

      DH has started calling me Cranky Pants. Can't say he's not accurate.

      Delete
    3. I need that man!

      Housework is not fun. It never stays done.

      Delete
  4. PS: I am glad to hear that you are getting better, Linda. Just keep on resting and doing the minimum to get by. Your health is far more important than avoiding peach waste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Yes, I am a bit better, just the cough. I watched those peaches for several days, then decided I was going to have fruit flies if I did not get rid of them. Sooo, they went.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...