Monday, September 25, 2023

Ill again--Monday

 I can barely move because I am ill. I went to sleep Saturday night with two lymph glands, one in each side of my neck, hurting. Sunday night, I slept two hours, awoke for a bit, and finally slept until 4:30 pm on Monday. 

There were 15 things on a list for Monday. I got three things done and added even more. The bell pepper did get diced. I thought I had ground beef for a meat loaf. I didn't. Half the pepper was sliced for Tommy. I put the strips in a sandwich bag and he gets what he wants for sandwiches and wraps, 

This is not covid. My sinuses are reacting to allergies. October is my month to be ill. 

The guy who mows came today. We have one triangular patch of Dallas grass. I hate it. It is the stuff that grows up on one long stem with the three growths of things that have little black seeds. Hate them! I bought a gallon of weed killer several years ago that can be used on St. Augustine grass and Tommy won't apply. I cannot. I need to find someone to pay to use it on the yard. 

Emeril Le Gasse has a new air Fryer oven. I wanted the 360 last year. Now, there is a double oven one. The partition down the middle can be removed. Always some gimmick! We still don't need it, I suppose. We used the oven today for a cooking bag that had three steaks, potatoes, carrots. 

Does anyone else have horrible fall allergies? I have year round hay fever, but it seems Fall is the worst.  


15 comments:

  1. I'm fortunately pretty much allergy free but I have always been surrounded by people with allergies.
    I had what I think was a sinus infection earlier this year. What a miserable business.
    I hope you're soon better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      My family on father's side is riddled with allergies and father and siblings. My mother had no allergies at all.
      Try having one sinus infection after another! It is miserable.
      Thanks. I am trying.

      Delete
  2. I'm fortunately pretty much allergy free but I have always been surrounded by people with allergies.
    I had what I think was a sinus infection earlier this year. What a miserable business.
    I hope you're soon better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are sick right now and I'm hoping you get to feeling better soon. My daughter has bad allergies and they are worse in the fall than they are in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. Until one unfortunate Fall, mine were almost nonexistent in the Fall.

      Delete
  4. My worst month for sinus allergies has always been February, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One year, I had Feb problems, too. I hope that does not become a regular thing! One more thing to watch.

      Delete
  5. I have fall allergies due to wheat harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim
      Can you eat wheat products? This wheat harvest allergy is one I have never heard of before.

      Delete
  6. Mine come bad in the spring and fall. Just the pollen I guess. Feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl
      I am lucky and have it year round and sometimes worse than others. Lucky me! Thanks.

      Delete
  7. We all have fall allergies in my house - but prescription Singulair does the trick for all of us. Can your dr prescribe you something? Seems crazy to suffer so much from allergies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. obscure,
      I do take singulair and half a dozen other prescription and otc products. I agree with you--crazy.

      Delete
  8. So sorry your sinuses are a problem. Allergies are just the worst--hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Thanks. Mine usually end up needing an antibiotic for the infection they cause.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...