Friday, May 31, 2019

Free Food and a New Crockpot

Friday, I awoke at 2:30 am after sleeping before the news the night before and immediately afterwards. I did not stay awake to watch my favorite shows. Bummer. After leaving the house around 8:30 this morning, I was exhausted by 1 pm. I made a wrong turn and saw a "Free Food" sign. You know me, I was intrigued, especially since they were grilling. This was near an elementary school. Someone had balloons and a sign. I stopped and asked one of the women what was going on.

As it turns out, this was the beginning of the summer school nutrition program. Today, adults could eat. They invited me to return at 2 pm. Doubting I would, I thanked them. As it turned out, nothing went right and took twice as long, so I pulled in and got my food--two cheeseburgers, bag of chips and a coke. There were two thick patties on each cheeseburger. I should not have gotten these, but I do not have to cook today. Salad fixings will suffice for dinner. The second cheeseburger will be held for later.

This weekend is Rock the South Concert weekend. We are expecting 60,000 people to turn out. There are 60,000 people in the county. !!! We needed a country concert.

It is almost 3 pm, and I cannot get the dozen cans of peaches out of the car. The temperature is north of 90 F degrees and the humidity is returning. I still prefer it hot, hot, hot. I just prefer not to exert myself!

In order to cook in a crockpot, I need the four-quart Crockpot. Months ago, I broke my last one. The seven-quart Crockpot I won is too heavy for me to lift. Today, I settled for a 3.5 quart round Crockpot even though the oval is better for me.  Yes, I broke down and bought it. I have a plan.

Tomorrow, I will tell you my plans for the Crockpot. Right now, a nap is sneaking up on me.

4 comments:

  1. I dropped my slow cooker and broke it, it's disappointing.
    I hope your nap was refreshing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      As I was going to put food in mine, I noticed a huge crack. I didn't whack it on the sink or anything. At any rate, I have not had a crockpot for six months. I broke down and bought one I did not want since I cannot find the other anywhere. It was refreshing and long, like 5 hours.

      Delete
  2. I love my crockpot but could really use a smaller one, the one I have is so large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim.
      I can barely lift the 7 quart one when empty. Plus, you really have to fill up the large one.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...