Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Kitty Visits

When I had a dog, someone said that if I fed her inside once in a while, she would want to protect the house since it was hers, too.  She was never going to be a house dog, but I let her in once in a while to feed her after doing so for about a week. I allowed Kitty to come inside once, hoping she would not disappear in someone else's house. She was gone for three days after I was given her.

On Monday night, she came in and walked to the kitchen, looking at everything. She gave a few things a head rub, marking them. Then, she went straight out after a 30 second visit. She spent the rest of the night, sitting on the two cap blocks that Tommy needs to get into the house. AND, she meowed all night. I fed her and gave her water. Still she meowed on and on.

Tuesday, she almost knocked me down trying to get in. I backed up and closed the door because I had left my purse. A few minutes later, I let her in. She ran hard as she could to the kitchen, looking around and looking up at the counter..noooo, not there. I took my electric flyswatter and used that to try encourage her to leave the kitchen.

No, I did not turn the electric flyswatter on, just used it as something to guide her. She tried to go into the laundry room, then toward the bathroom, and stopped by my bed, looking up at it. I said, "No." She stopped looking up on the bed and started to go under the bed. Another uhuhuh stopped her, and I nudged her toward the door.

She is going to trip me! Outside, she is just all in front of me, even on the steps, meowing all the time. Even when she was not mine, she meowed to me lots. I have never seen a cat that meowed so much.

She does seem to understand "NO" and a sharp "UHUHUH."

Okay, enough of cat adventures.

Today, was a perfect day, low humidity, no rain, blue skies. The privit flowers are gone, so allergies are less but not gone. I spayed water on my hypertufa pot and covered it with the plastic again. The weather in parts of the country makes me sad for the people enduring it.

Today, I had nothing in particular to do. I bought a few groceries and went to the pharmacy after a text message. I was told to come back tomorrow. hmph

Did you do anything exciting or not exciting today?

6 comments:

  1. It was gorgeous today wasn't it. I got the pool opened and the water ready. Now it just need to warm up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It was gorgeous, indeed, in our area. It will be in the 90s next week!

      Delete
  2. Our weather is beautiful too! I am so happy that warmer weather is here, but I don't spend much time outside because of allergies. I was wondering if the kitty was looking for a litter box? Maybe she misses her old home? Or wanted to be fed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,My allergies keep me in, too. But, I can see through the picture window that I face. I don't have to even wear a sweater or drive in the rain, so that is good enough for me. This cat lived outdoors most of the time, so I doubt she would walk in and look for a litter box. I had fed her outside, but I am sure she misses her home.

      Delete
  3. It will be overcast and rainy here so I will be sewing all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I a rainy day and sewing all day long. At least you have your feet on the ground and trash out of your hair.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...