Thursday, May 16, 2019

Odds and Ends

Tommy and I were talking on the phone when the conversation turned to times to microwaving food. He said he microwaved everything for three minutes, no matter what the food! I was and am shocked. It is no wonder he complains that some foods don't do well when microwaved. Also, he covers nothing, wraps nothing. He proclaimed he had done it this way for thirty years. And, that makes it right???  So, there is no hope.

A couple of weeks ago, I gave him two bare hotdogs for lunch--no bread of any kind in the house. He did have vegetables and fruit and cheese.  Then, the last time I saw him he began describing in ecstatic terms and voice how those were the best hotdogs he had eaten in a year. Well, I found a good brand last year on a great sale, and I hated them. But, we ate them anyway.  So, now we have no more of those nasty things.

He did not know it, but I had bought my favorite brand--Zeigler's-- on sale and had served him those. These are the best hotdogs. Well, I prefer King Cotton, but those are not sold here. They are a brand from Memphis that came here for about a year and then disappeared. It made me sad to see them go.

Moving my trash can to a different location had kept the animals out. However, three nights ago, they discovered it. So, I am back to picking up garbage from the ground. Next week, I will see what a trash can with a lid will do for the situation. I give up.  AND, I forgot to ask my friend to take the trash to the road tonight, so I have to live with this one for another week. ugh

Tuesday night, I slept wrong and woke up with an aching shoulder. When I tried to move my arm, it did not respond, just sort of hanging there. It hurt all day. A nap made it better. Don't ask me how since I was lying on that side during the nap. I got little done today because I felt crummy otherwise.

I could not find a local class for any languages and put aside that goal for right now. Actually, only Spanish is taught around here.  I did decide to do classes for other things. Some are free. Some have a small fee. The hypertufa class was $15 which I will recover by making enough hypertufa items to cover the class and materials costs.

I think my cat might be a Maine Coon Cat. She is huge. And, she does have tufts of hair sticking from her ears. I have always wanted a Maine Coon Cat.  I will ask the vet. Does anyone own one of these?

Does anyone ever microwave everything on the same setting?

10 comments:

  1. TheHub and I are taking Mandarin at our local library. I have no delusions that I will ever be able to speak it well but I have really enjoyed the classes. Plus we go out to eat after class so it is a bonus night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      At the rate things are going, a bit of Mandarin might come in handy yet.

      Delete
  2. I don't use my microwave at all. I didn't allow for a spot for it in the new place, leading my superintendent to believe he missed something. Before he got the cabinet makers in, he met with me, and convinced me to put a stand in one of the cabinets. I agreed, and am glad I did. My kids will microwave items every now and then. Our microwave has keys that say things like "popcorn," "frozen entrée," but again, I don't use it.
    Of the five cats I have, we think two are Maine Coon cats, but they aren't that big--fat, yes, but not big. I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg B,
      At lest he was on top of things. I read that some Maine Coon Cats are larger than others. I thought my cat was incredibly fluffy, buut when I picked her up a bit to point her toward the door instead of under my bed, I was shocked at how sturdy/fat she was. I am too allergic to have cats indoors, but I do love cats.

      Delete
  3. Well I do defrost things on the defrost setting. Also baked potatoes have their own button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has all those buttons, too, and I never use them. He just goes for the 3 minutes. Someday, I will try the baked potato setting.

      Delete
  4. you'll have to post a picture of your cat. We have garbage cans with lids that you can lock down the lid with handles. Otherwise, no matter where we've lived, I'm sure animals would have gotten in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of my immediate neighbors have a problem. Some of the neighbors just put out a plastic bag. It is frustrating. I will post a picture of Kitty.

      Delete
  5. Whenever I use my microwave I'm always careful with timings …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...