Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mother's Day

Product Image 3






I have a new hummingbird feeder. Today, I will make a sugar solution to fill the red glass vessel. Since rain is predicted, I will wait until Monday to hang it.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to Tommy that I wished I had hummingbirds in my yard.  He said he saw them all the time when he was out in the yard, mowing or feeding the hens. WHAT!?!?!? He never told me that! He swears he did.

When I was in Lowe's about two weeks ago, something swooshed past my head. I flinched a bit and turned my head to see a hummingbird landing on flowers and going round and round, gathering nectar. This was in the store proper, not out where there are flowers or even out further where the nursery is open to the sky.

I was so shocked and so inspired, deciding someone could give me a hummingbird feeder for Mother's Day. In another store, I found a moat to hang above it so that once filled with water, ants could not get onto the feeder.

My one fear now is that a raccoon will climb up and knock the feeder down.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! I usually get red hibiscus plants for the deck and they attract hummingbirds all summer. I love watching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happpy Mother's Day to you. The red hibiscus on the deck sounds pretty.

      Delete
  2. So glad you are back blogging. One time I was reading your blog and my husband asked what I was reading. I told him about you and every once in a while he will ask if you have started blogging again. I will have to let him know you are back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet of him. I still cannot get into my old blog. I am going to pay a professional to help me. Yes, I am back!

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day.
    Here in the UK we celebrated ours on 31 March.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Thanks. I knew the date was different. but was not sure when.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...