Friday, July 26, 2019

I Found Two Dongles and Foiled the Raccoon

When I stopped using the old laptop, I took the dongle out of it and it disappeared. The same thing had happened last summer when I tried to get the laptop to work better. Sooo, I bought another (3rd)wireless mouse. Of course, it had its own dongle.  One day last week, I spotted a dongle on the floor. This weekend, I found the other. I had searched for each of these for months and finally bought the third! Isn't that the way it always goes? Now, where did I put the two useless mouses?

I read wireless mouses were $50. Wow, these were about $12.

Since dongles are so tiny, they are easily lost. They fit into a usb port of the laptop and have only a tiny bit of plastic showing, and they just disappear into thin air when dropped. I know the two wireless mouses are in a bag, so when I find them and make sure the other two wireless mouses work, I will take back the very new one.

Wednesday night, I had the slice of Strawberry cake as a snack and then had chicken to offset the carbs. The chicken did not go into my stomach and trying to get it to go down with water only complicated the matter. I actually thought I was going to die. SERIOUSLY!!!  I could not speak to use the phone. I was ill, throwing up and having it come out my nose and aspirating water or chicken. My esophagus hurt for hours. It was horrendous. This was what my appointment Tuesday morning was all about.

Okay, picture this. The garbage can has four sides. The handle/wheel side, the opposite side, and two shorter sides. The can is against the porch where the steps go up. On the handle and wheel side, I have tied a bungee cord leaving two equal lengths. The opposite side is against the porch steps. The looped cord goes across the lid and hooks onto the railing, the vertical part of the railing. I don't think the raccoon can get this loose.

I went out at about 5 pm and the raccoon had pulled out a tiny bag the night before. When I went out at 7pm to put the bag in the can and put the garbage in for tomorrow, the tiny bag was in a different place. Actually, it was a possum.

Tomorrow, I will ask Animal Control to come set my trap. I usually only call them when I have a raccoon, but this will change. At least I am not asking them to bring and lend me a trap. I have my own trap. Okay, I did nothing today. So, I will call Monday when my favorite Animal Control Officer will be working. He is the brother of one of my daughter's friends. Nice guy.

I will make a salad for dinner and get some stuff out of the floor in the front seat of the car. I have low expectations for the rest of the day. I will not disappoint.




4 comments:

  1. Anne it sounds to me lie you have a closing esophagus. My husband has that and you will need surgery. Don't wait on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Tell me more, please. Maybe you will want to wait until after the wedding. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...