Friday, July 12, 2019

New Tires and Grocery Shopping

My car drove like a dream before. Now, the ride is unbelievably smooth. And, they are so black! I love that about new tires. I made an appointment to have them mounted. Just now, I figured out why I did not wake to the alarm--I set the alarm for pm.

I was so tired from the stress of yesterday that I slept until 12:15. So, I rescheduled for 3 pm. By the time I got out of there, the traffic was horrible. It was 96F here.

My computer was acting up, so I made a rush trip to Office Depot only to have the guy say he could find nothing wrong. Of course not, it will give me fits at home.

Needing bananas drives me to the grocery. That or milk are my two needs. So, I faced rush hour at Publix. After I got their ads, I went for a free cup of water as I was parched and it fell over in the cart, forcing someone to come and clean it up from the cart and floor. ugh

Reading the ads in the grocery store is not my thing. So, I got the bananas and saw Kelloggs Red Berries on sale--cereal with freeze-dried strawberries. I am so crazy about this stuff that it will be gone by Sunday night. BOGO is the only way I will buy some items, but I only got one box. A bag of Tillamook Turkey Jerky forced me to throw it in the cart. I got the box of salad greens and called it quits. I will read the ads for another shopping trip.

I made a conscious decision not to do anything that anything else when I got home, things I planned to do. Otherwise, I would be exhausted and in pain for three or four days. I accidentally took a long nap this evening.

Because of my lack of ability to stand or walk for long or without pain, I made a decision. Someone is coming to help my by washing the backlog of dishes and disarray around here! She came for an hour yesterday after she got off from work. I will restore order somehow. Well, someone else will restore order. I will tell you about her in another post.


Your turn
Do you have something to eat that you acquire and know you will eat too much, too fast? Like me do you just avoid buying it at all? I know you do!

5 comments:

  1. I love the smooth ride that comes from new tires too. It's so hot right now and 96 is really hot. Try to stay cool as best you can. I'm ready for cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Oh, I am cool now that ac is on the right settings. And, the car ac is frigid. I have nothing to do outside other than water a few plants. There are lots of things to do outside, just nothing I can handle. This next week, the days are not supposed to be so hot but the extreme heat will return. I still like it hot.

      Delete
  2. So happy you were able to get new tires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thanks. The others scared me--perfect tread but leaking and way out of date.

      Delete
  3. I am reading these in reverse so I get to chuckle at the ends before they happen.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...