Saturday, July 13, 2019

Washing Dishes, Grocery Markdowns, Rain Checks

I have been saying to my male friend/neighbor that I am going to pay someone to wash my dishes, some of which may have been here for over a year. (no judgment) I complained mightily. Today, he said he was going to come over and wash my dishes. Well, okay.

He brought a huge pan in which to heat water since I still have no water heater. He brought a gallon of Dawn. I have at least that much so I insisted he use mine. He worked for about two hours and went home for lunch. I was ready for a nap when he called since I had been up since 4:30 and had gone to Farmer's Market and to grocery.

I was lying down while he worked. When he left, I fell asleep. He came back and washed more dishes and left. All the while I was sleeping, oblivious to everything. I called asking him if he was coming back. That's when he told me he had been here. I was sleeping soundly!

When I opened the door, I told him I would rather he mowed the yard. He said he just mowed his and it was hot out. Oh well. No, he wanted to convince me of something.

He exhausted me trying to convince me to do something for my own good!

Oh, when he came, I told him to put any trash on the counter into a garbage bag. Now, I do not keep trash, but a zip strip opener on packages sometimes falls in between dishes, so I expected a handful of stuff. I went in and it was nearly full and heavy. I peeked in and there was a wide-mouth Ball canning jar in what he called "trash." I asked him why he put a canning jar in the trash. He said it was icky/nasty inside and he figured I had a million jars. I said I do have a million jars and never throw them in the trash. So, my project now is to hand sort the trash!!!

Earlier, I went to the store to redeem a rain check. The item was still not in. I also wanted to get something in the current ad that also had not come in on the truck. sigh... I asked the asst. manager about the two items. I also asked what I could do about the rain check expiring. So, he extended the expiration date on the coupon.

While I was there, I passed a cart with Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup on sale at $1/4. Tommy said he would take two. I got two. The expiration date is the end of August. The only time I eat chicken noodle soup is when I have a sinus infection.

A cart right net to the soup cart had hotdog buns for $0.50. I put those in the freezer. That is cheaper than the bread store.

My car had splashed mud on it. The wheels were so black (new) that I took it to the carwash to make the car look good, too. The carwash is one of the kind that a wheel, only one, has to go into a track. The guy showed me the sign--take foot off pedals, put it in neutral, hands off steering wheel. It was so loud it was nerve-wracking. I remember my babies being terrified of car washes. This was worse. I only went to the car wash once with my son because he was so terrified and crying unconsolably. I can see why...lol.

There were so many brushes and floppy things hitting the car. And, the soap was so thick and all was blue. That was eerie. I usually have my car hand-washed by me, person I pay to wash it in driveway, or some school car wash by Auto Zone.

The trunk under the spoiler did not come clean when I had it done several months ago. So, this time he used a long handled brush and it is now shiny like the rest of the car. I really think a car wash will ruin the finish.

UGH! I need to transfer wash to dryer. And, I am soooo tired.

How do you wash your car? Do you think the carwash can damage the finish on a car?

10 comments:

  1. It is a wonder that you have not gotten sick if you have had dirty food dishes laying around for a year! Have you looked into whether you qualify for a home house aide a few times a week so that you do not have to live in conditions like that. In my state we have a social service administration facility that has services to help people in need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      I doubt that the uUTIs that I have had were caused by dirty dishes. Nor were the episodes of diarrhea caused by a med. I do not need nosey nellies in here telling me what to do.

      Delete
  2. I don't think the car wash will damage the finish on your car. It beats hand washing it yourself in this heat. I am happy for you that your neighbor washed dishes for you, but oh no on throwing away the canning jar! We don't throw those away. Hopefully he will do better in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Well, I read an article! I cannot pull the hose out there even if I could stand that long. I would end up giving a poor imitation of the woman washing the car in COOL HAND LUKE. No, he would have to prove he could do as he pleases!

      Delete
  3. no one washes their car here - this means being out of doors in 40C weather.
    There are lots of lovely nearby car washes most with frequent flyer miles as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uspo,
      The heat would not have bothered me earlier. I know of no frequent miles.

      Delete
  4. The car wash should not damage your car. They are built to accommodate many different makes and models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only worried after I read an article on the damage it could do over time.

      Delete
  5. Do you children never come to visit & help you out say once a month or so? If I ever found my parents with dirty dishes that had been sitting for a year I would know something is not right. Are you a hoarder? I'm concerned for you & your health & the condition of your home. You could (have) attracted all kind of critters/bugs with dirty dishes sitting around. I agree, would be nice if you could get some help more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie Q,
    My children live in NYC and south Texas. No, I am not a hoarder at all.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...