Sunday, August 18, 2019

Saturday

Last night, I took an opioid for foot pain and it did a number on me. The doctor did not want to give me any last year. But, I betted for a few. The prescription bottle has '5' written on it. So, I got five pills. two were gone. I am not a druggie type. And, I do not take otc pain relievers.

The only thing left in my yard was a swing set, a tall swing frame where the swing broke, a fire pit, a two foot metal chicken, live trap, and old rocker. I went by today and got a chair, metal that is used in sewing factories. I used it for commercial serger I had. Tomorrow, I will put it in the unit if I can find someone to help me. if not, I will put it in this room. Then, I will get the chicken. I cannot lift the firepit.

United Way gave me a coupon to PANDRA EXPRESS for two egg rolls. They were hard, small, and nasty. Last night, I baked a potato in the microwwave for way too long...lol. I am needing real food. I got a box of cookies from a food bank and have been eating those.

Red Cross has done nothing.


Medicare would under no circumstance help me get more med for diabetes. The lady pharmacist from Wsalgreens spent hours explaining what happened and got me more vials. Now, I need all the other supplies. I actually went to two doctors on Friday trying to get this. All the talking and explaining is exhausting mentally, emotionally, and physically. I am drained.


As soon as there was light in the sky, I went to see if things were gone in the yard. I think everything that was left was still there.

also, the pressure cooker Patti gave me and CUISINART ICE CREAM MAKER THAT WAS A GIFT, AND A JEWELRY BOX WERE GONE.

I WENT TO Dollsr General and got pants and one tdhirt to sleep in. A customer helping me said she would wear the pants out. So would I. They were nylon and big legged. Cute.I asked her to help me since I could not hold onto the cart for dear life and get things off crowded racks. She said I was too picky and it was hard to help me. If I had not needed help, I would told her to go away. She thought long sleeves would be fine. it was 98 today, I think. No, I did not want a camo shirt or a purple shirt or a very, very sheer shirt or a tank top that would show side boob! I also got a dress of knit that I would neve wear as a dress as it is short. I am using it for a gown and am wearing it. I hate it is not laundered first. At least, I can step outside to caror drive somewhere without being indecent.
The only gown at Belk's was $30 on sale, and I got it so I would not have to sleep in the one outfit and wear it in the day, too. I am taking it back tomorrow. Cute but too expensive.

I need someone with me when they load the rubble. I need moral support and soeone to yell to get things I see going away. Tommy cannot walk, cannot sit in chair, and is not assertive enough. He would say in a soft voice,"Excuse me. sir..." I would bellow, "Hey, I need that..." I guess he is nicer than me. He has a deep voice but always softens it and his words and it never turns out well. NICE guy, though.

I need to cut off internet! Spectrum has no way of knowing I am destroyed.

Dedee, tried 3 times to email you.

More later.

8 comments:

  1. That is quite a news-ful as my mother would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda! I'm so sorry! I typed the address wrong. deedee0626 at aol.com
    Two e's in each part. I've looked several times for an email from you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate thieves! Can any of your neighbors try to keep on eye out and call the cops if they see anyone there? I hope you can salvage some stuff, still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have n neighbors except the thieving ones. I asked one if I could put things in his yard behind his fence. He said no. I don't have a side neighbor one side. I live on a corner and there is a huge field across from the side yard with retaining wall going down from my yard to street.

      Delete
  4. Linda, I found this website of affordable housing in Cullman It might be worth considering rather than staying at a motel.

    https://affordablehousingonline.com/housing-search/Alabama/Cullman-County?page=2#apartments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the website Annie in the kitchen told you about may help …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...