Thursday, August 8, 2019

Shoes

On Tuesday I wore my new shoes for the first time--the white sandals with just a bit of heel. They were very comfortable, but I can see the heel is not as wide and stable as my others were. However, it feels like I am walking on a cloud. I did not realize it, but they are wide width. Oh, well.

My shoes did not come in that I ordered. I was getting no help from the sales girl who was tied to her phone and some kid/bf visiting, so I just told them to cancel the order. They don't need my business. I suppose I should not have been so ticked off and hasty.

I googled the pair I wanted and found an online outlet that sells SAS returns. The ones I want are $14. That is what I call a deal and a steal. I intend to check this out more thoroughly.

We had a store here that sold used shoes. Some of the shoes looked like they had been worn for years and returned. Some were in the box and pristine. The owners said when models wear shoes for catalog shoots or on a runway, the shoes never are put back into stockn for sale. So, on occasion, I was able to get shoes for kids and me that were extremely cheap and had maybe only been worn for an hour indoors during a photo shoot.

Actually, some of the shoes had never  been on a foot. The shoes had just been photographed for the catalog or other kind of print advertisement. When my son was about eleven, I found blue-suede -Sunday dress shoes for him--$4. Adults commented on his "blue-suede shoes." I think they were nubuck. The store was about a mile from me, so I could check it out every day since it was a quarter of a mile from grocery in one direction and several blocks from middle school. I managed to get there once a month.

Okay, I have started the process of throwing shoes out and transferring old shoes to my car and Tommy's. I got the old sandals into mine but forgot to put a pair in his. I will uncover more shoes, I am quite sure, ones I will throw out.

J, the meth addict gave me two pair of sandals that I did not wear. I felt funny wearing shoes I thought might have been stolen. I suppose they weren't.  However, I did try on the shoes last week and was shocked to find they fit, are comfortable and leather. They look like they were never worn. I never heard of the brand, Propet, but these are not cheap shoes. These can be for everyday going out. But, the two SAS pair I bought are for dressier looks. Well, anything dressier than going to the grocery store. I would never have picked the two styles or colors, but they are okay for everyday.

Tommy really like the looks of the new white shoe. He asked again the price and made a low sound. This was the pair on sale.

Since I have talked about SAS shoes, googled them, and viewed them, another shoe company wants on the bandwagon and has sent many ads to my laptop. Have you ever heard of Duckfeet shoes?  They have a wide toe box. I really don't need a wide toe box, but I also do not need pointy and flat toe boxes. They look so comfortable.

Have you ever heard of Propet shoes before? Some of them are Medicare approved (free) and some are found at JC Penney's.

9 comments:

  1. Haband, the mail order company, sells Propet shoes. I have never bought any, but they look very nice. They are rather middle of the road price wise compared to SAS which I consider high end. I usually need to try on shoes to get a decent fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      Yes, SAS is better. I thought they might be low-end shoes like Payless when they were given to me. Thanks. Now, I at least know what size they are that fit me from Haband.

      Delete
  2. I have had several pairs of Proper shoes. Good support and they wear very well. Also very lightweight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rps4boys,
      Propet that I have are very lightweight! Thanks for the summary of the brand.

      Delete
  3. Be sure to look on Ebay, Linda. I've bought my mom a few pairs of SAS on Ebay & they were beautiful! She loved them & has been wearing them for years! I've also heard of the Propet brand. SAS is San Antonio Shoes (in case you didn't know what the letters stood for!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I only found that out when I googled the company by the letters. I think I may have ended up on ebay where I found the shoes. Since I lost the $180, I need a bargain. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I have heard of Propet and have a friend who wears them but do not own any myself. I have foot problems ( arthritis, bunions and old stress fractures ) in my left foot and was advised to buy Vionic or Alegria shoes. They have built in arch supports and a wider toe box. I look for bargains online ( 6 pm for e.g.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Vionic at Belk's and was told people with foot problems like them. Maybe I can try Vionic when they have more time to help me.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...