Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Happiness Wednesday

Except I got about four hours sleep. I was ready to go by 9:30. Tommy suggested we get a Hardee's sausage biscuit. Mmmm. As we headed north to my house, the overcast clouds disappeared and we had a beautiful, glorious sunny day. The wind was a little brisk, but my hair held up because I colored it last night. It blew enough to blind me sometimes as my hair is long enough to wrap around my face.

I mentioned to Tommy he had time to call and get a new garbage can. He said he already did.

At the PO, a blogger send me a surprise--gloves, scarf, and Williams Sonoma dishtowels. There were older and wonderful embroidered pieces, too. There may have been more, but I am too beat to look.

We went to my house and the guy who said he would rescue my rocker from sitting in the dirt and being rained on, finally did. I paid him to do it, so I expected it to be out of rain and mud. It was! Two weeks later!

I went to a food bank and traded most of my food for frozen chicken fingers ready for microwave or oven. I gave them all they wanted, not just even trade. The people were a young homeless couple.

The bank had to order new checks since mine went to the dump. Either that or they are buried in a bag with disparate items.

The last time I went to Belk's. I bought a pretty pink blouse two sizes too small. I have no idea how that happened. Now, I have to find the receipt to determine the sale price I paid.

I got no help and left miffed. Actually, I could stand no longer hanging on to the cart.

However, as I was leaving, I spied a beautiful yellow tshirt, originally $39, now 50% off. Since I had two $10 coupons, the blouse was free! Sweet! The tshirt is silky and a bright lemon yellow. I hate the pale buttery yellow or a yellow with a green cast. Earlier, I had bought a skirt that will require me to shave my legs. It is floral with uneven hem and every bright color on the color wheel. The pink an yellow were what I wanted to match.

Lunch under the picnic tree was Burger King's meal for two for $5--Whopper, Jr, fries, and drink. I gave Tommy most of my fries.

Then, we went out to the sweet potato farm and got 80 lbs of Beauregard sweet potatoes. You may remember Beauregard is my favorite variety, My heart was singing.

We went to my storage unit and while we were there used their very clean bathroom. I saw someone from the near past and we talked for almost two hours.

Ugh!

At some point during the day, I went into CVS, Walgreen's, and Publix on a quest to find little bottles in a six-pack, Minute Maid OJ for Tommy when traveling. I cannot remember where I found them.

Then we had to drive back here bring in all we got, 80 lbs of sweet potatoes, and my free yellow blouse.

The new garbage can was in place!

12 comments:

  1. A day that was going your way, yay! Don't you just love days like that, where you get a lot of running around done, and all in all, for the most part, everything went great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      I absolutely loved the day and our accomplishments. Traffic and the blue skies were perfect. Those rude women at Belks were soon in the past.

      Delete
  2. Its nice to see you have a day filled with micro-successes. I hope things continue to go your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breenlatern,
      I like your name. Thank you. A day filled with good things, micro successes, has certainly helped my outlook.

      Delete
  3. How can you use 80 lb of sweet potatoes before they sprout or spoil? The two of us bought a 50 lb bag of white potatoes once and ended up giving many of them away. 80 lb is a lot to use up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I bought 120 lbs one year. About once a month Tommy went through all of the ones left and culled them--ones that were okay, ones we needed to eat now and cut parts off, and ones that had to go. Around June, we finished the last of them. I did not ask him, but he gave me an analysis of how it went financially. He said that even with losses, i had still spent less per pound than if i had bought them at grocery store prices. Thanks for asking.
      I bought 5 lbs of red potatoes and ate them within two weeks and the last of them were sprouting. Sometimes it is hard to judge how long things will last.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good day! Cherish them when they come!

    I asked this question in the comments section of my blog after you had left a comment saying that you live 55 miles from Jacksonville. I guess you never came back to check whether I had said anything in reply to your comment -- anyway, here's the question (although it is not, as on Jeopardy, in the form of a question): I thought you lived in or near Cullman. Mapquest tells me that Cullman-to-Jacksonville is a 79-mile drive. But the "as the crow flies" distance (airplane?) said 58 miles. I am confused. But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      No, I did not come back. Yes, I asked friend how far it was from Cullman to Jacksonville. He gave me the 55 miles figure. Sorry!

      Delete
  5. hi. PP. your package also contained earmuffs, the old fashioned kind you were wishing for, hope you like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne,
      Right, I was so tired that I forgot them. Yes, pretty blue furry ear muffs. Thanks, again.

      Delete
  6. In the interest of accuracy, a slight correction! It's 77 car miles, 67 crow miles, between Cullman and Jacksonville, not what I said earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...