Monday, October 14, 2019

Hard to cook with no victuals!

I end up spending more of my money on food when I have to go out and buy food. Or, Tommy spends more of his. I cannot just look in the cabinets and find food. It is not there. I had plenty at my house.

So, we have to go out too often and buy something I had bought dirt cheap and pay more for it now. I try not to go too often. But, it is frustrating to have to pay so much! When you only buy on sale/clearance or use a coupon, after a while there is just always food. I then buy fresh fruit at a good price and milk. I cannot force myself to stock up at full price!

There was a plastic bag in the end of all the driveways in the neighborhood. I asked what it was and Tommy dismissed them with, "Oh, only ads that I throw away." So, I just dismissed them, too. Finally, after weeks I told him I was going to get the bag. There were grocery ads. There were drugstore ads. There were inserts like in the paper. I could not believe what he dismissed. So, out of the gutter, I got a $3 coupon, amongst other goodies.

Okay, frustration reigns in the food department.

Since I got the gastroparesis diagnosis, I am also frustrated by what I cannot eat! White bread, pasta, and cooked and peeled fruits and vegetables are a disappointment. The doctor said people usually lose weight with this condition and noted I had not.

For the last three nights, I have not been able to sleep because of the severe stomach pain, reflux pain. AND, I still have vertigo every time I turn over, sit up, stand up, or lie down. Tommy begs me to go to the doctor every day. Actually, he says, "Let me take you to the doctor in the morning." At least I have not fallen down again.

Someone, please bring me chocolate ice cream! I really, really want it.


4 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are not feeling well. If I was there I would certainly bring you ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I awoke with no vertigo and actually sat in the living room. Five minutes after I decided to lie down, THEN I had vertigo. Thanks. I am pretty much into ice cream lately.

      Delete
  2. Have you been checked for this. My sister in law has it.
    Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition characterized by too little blood returning to the heart when moving from a lying down to a standing up position (orthostatic intolerance). Orthostatic Intolerance causes lightheadedness or fainting that can be eased by lying back down.

    I can't stand to pay full price for stocking up either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I have never heard of it, but I am going to keep that in mind since this has been going on for over two weeks. Thanks. I don't use that many cans of food, but looking in the cabinet and seeing a can of tuna or tomatoes or pineapple certainly makes life easier!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...