Sunday, October 27, 2019

Church, Doctor, Shopping

Sunday, I could barely walk and Tommy was going to take me to the doctor instead of going to church. But, I pulled myself together and got ready and went to church. Instead of singing, I put my purse on the end of the pew and rested my head. These are the type pews that has a huge solid end with no lower part to rest and arm. I washed my hair about 11 pm and went to bed with it wet. I only teased the crown and did not try to curl it before I left. And, I wore no makeup.

At the doctor's, I got two prescriptions and two shots. I saw a new doctor that is really nice. I hope he will be there when I need a doctor next.

I got a gray sweater like the orangish one. So, the black outfit now has four looks! My nice sweaters, even the cheap ones, last me for years because I take care of them.

At the store I found a pan for $8 and just did not want to spend that much. I was complaining when I spotted a Salvation Army. Tomorrow, we are going back so I can see what is there that I need for cooking. Of course, I will look at clothing as long as I can stand or use Tommy's walker/rollator. I have found and bought utensils and cooking items at SA in the past. However, ne of their trained" pricing persons began to fail. I saw a pretty vase and picked it up. It was priced $3 right next to a Dollar Tree sticker for $1. I have bought antique planters for $3--no consistency or knowledge. So, I wonder how this one will be.

I think the preacher believes in original sin--we are born in a state of sin. I believe we are pure at birth and learn bad ways. What do you believe? Whether you are religious or not, maybe you have an opinion.

Upon several hours reflection, I do not want this to be a controversial post. Neither should people attack each other. You can have an opinion of whether babies are born sinful or pure even if you do not believe in God or the concept of sin. The two people who have replied so far have been polite.

My hands are trembling, so I will quit now.

6 comments:

  1. When I look into the sweet, angelic face of a baby, it makes me sad that people still believe in the idea of original sin. I guess I am just not religious enough to understand how that can continue to be a belief. No offense meant to anyone who believes in original sin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      Thanks for answering the question. We are not going to fight over this, because all our minds are made up on this issue.

      Delete
  2. At out thrift store we saw cheap paint brushes that were way over priced. Sometimes people marking things have no idea what they are worth (or not worth). As for original sin I do believe in it. I think we have to have a 'bad' gene or something to learn all the bad things we do when we are so young. Hope you are feeling better and can stand up better by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,
    When I questioned why the cheap item was priced so high, I was told that the people who price things are "trained". I could understand if the item had a $79 sticker that was obviously from the 1950s on an item. Thank you for expressing and explaining your belief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome you got to church at all - good for you!
    As for original sin.... dunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I became more ill with every minute. Thanks for opinion.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...