Wednesday, November 13, 2019

breakthrough, breakthrough, breakthrough and dinner twice

After not sleeping one wink last night, I got up about 8 am when I heard Tommy was up. I sat there until 9:30 and I was sleepy. A banana and a glass of milk was breakfast. I took two more melatonin and went to sleep quickly. I had a black tank top across my face because I was facing a window. Then, I woke at 1 pm. That was not enough sleep. Now, at 8 pm, I am about to pass out even walking.

I had not done dishes for the last two days, so I got to that this afternoon. I was rinsing a large sheet pan and a nasty plastic pitcher kept falling off the back of the sink as I touched it with the pan. Finally, I took it to Tommy and asked him what to do with it. He said, "Throw it away. I don't care." Ten minutes later I took a water bottle with a cute picture on it and no top. Same question. Same answer.

Just now, I asked him what I should do with his cpap. He said to donate it. I put it in a box and put it in a cold bedroom. One day, he will let me throw it out. I doubt very seriously if anyone will want it. Do you think that a 20-year-old cpap has any uses now? The next time I ask him, he will say to throw it out.

When I awoke at 1 pm this afternoon, I sat for an hour and was very hungry. I asked him what he had to eat. Peanut butter, nothing else. He was fading fast.

Finally, about 4 pm, I went to eat Crowder peas and asked him if he wanted some, too. He did and we ate tomato with it. Still hungry, I cooked pasta and opened a jar of spaghetti sauce. There is enough sauce for another meal. Spaghetti? No, so I will buy more before the spaghetti sauce goes south. It is hard to get sauce and spaghetti even, like always needing more gravy or biscuit to even them out and finish at the same time. Who am I kidding? I will microwave the sauce and eat it like soup. If I cook too much spaghetti, I will drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle it generously with Parmesan and microwave it.

Now, it is time to wash my hair and hope Tommy cuts the length off like he said he would. For five days he has had an excuse. He really does not want to cut it.

The temp was about 45 today, thankfully. This weather is too cold to go out to the utility room to do laundry, especially in a summer nightgown.

And, I want chocolate. Speaking of which, I have not seen Cella Chocolate Covered Cherries in the stores, the only ones I like.

Is it cold or snowy where you live?



6 comments:

  1. Since I now live just a few miles from where you are staying, the weather is pretty much the same! I have not looked at Christmas candy yet so no idea if Cella cherries are out or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I will keep and eye out for them. If I buy them now, I will eat them! This weather has been different--too cold.

      Delete
  2. I love chocolate covered cherries and will eat an entire box if given the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a box at target this week. I had almost forgot as they're with some Christmas gifts. Well they'll be gone by morning:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JRE,
      You sound like me. They don't last long around here.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...