Saturday, November 30, 2019

WAR EAGLE

Auburn won the Iron Bowl. Every time this happens, most Alabama fans pass it off as a fluke or say it was just a ball game. But, if Alabama wins, it is glorious. Oh well!

I did nothing today. Thursday wiped me out. Friday and the hours at two doctor offices and the stress of it all left me extremely exhausted. So, I did nothing except eat chip and dip, turkey sandwich and Jello. I have been in my nightgown all day.

There are still most of Thursday's dishes to wash. Plus my hair needs washing to go to church tomorrow. If I had done much today, I would not have been able to go to church tomorrow. I am no longer a powerhouse.

Sunday morning is Member Appreciation Day. The minister and his wife will prepare a breakfast before church services for the members. I will take my own milk. I do not want to be unable to attend breakfast, so late night night dishwashing and hair washing will be my goals at 7 pm today... lol.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was usually when I put up the tree. But, that did not happen today, and I did not even plan to do so.

We have plenty of hen left, but this will be the last of the sides.

I am going to try to keep track of money spent on groceries this month. Don't hold me to it.

Tomorrow, I will start addressing Christmas cards to mail on Monday.

That's all folks!

10 comments:

  1. I still say Roll Tide! Hopefully Auburn will extend Gus' contract again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      LOL...Malzahn's contract extension won't guarantee AL wins. War Eagle. I know the story.

      Delete
  2. My daughter and son-in-law and their two college-age sons and one of the son's girlfriend (put another way, two graduates of Jacksonville State and three students currently studying there) were all in Auburn yesterday. They didn't have tickets to the game -- even in the nose-bleed section of the stadium the seats were $100 -- but since they moved from north of Birmingham last summer to about 30 minutes from Auburn, they decided to soak up the experience, enjoy the ambience, etc., and just be part of the day. They ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant, rode around town, took selfies with the stadium in the background, watched the first half in the student center, and the last half at the BBW (Buffalo Wild Wings) in Opelika, then drove back home.

    As my father used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the ambience was oozing from the streets. Good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was the breakfast before church? What was served?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits, grits, sausage gravy, cantaloupe, cake, milk, orange juice coffee. Of course, I did not eat all of that, but what I had was delicious.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh...that is a lot more than I thought they would have. Is it a big or small church?

      Delete
    3. nn,
      I thought it was a lot, too. There was lots left. There were about 17 people or less for breakfast and about ten more in church. The building is quite large as it was once a large congregation.

      Delete
  5. Good for you for doing Christmas cards! Fewer folks do with each year.
    I keep thinking to revive it but I don't have peoples addresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few relatives and new and old friends. It has been a chore to find some of the addresses since addresses were lost to the dump.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...