Wednesday, December 4, 2019

a little of this and a little of that

I opened the bag of Weight Watchers Candy made by Whitman. These are called Pecan Crowns. They are round wafer-like candies. And, there is not enough pecan to turn Tommy off. He does not like nuts or pecans, forgot which. They taste off which I suppose is the artificial sweeteners. They are 53 calories each with 3 grams of sugar in each piece. Neither Tommy nor I would buy these. So, now you know. Do you like these artificially sweetened candies?

The guy who was going to meet me in Cullman tomorrow has backed out after saying Thursday would be fine. To be fair, he needs the money from the temp job at the cemetery. We are going anyway to do some things I need to do. This guy is so annoying. He was coming by once at 1 pm and showed up around 8 pm. I yelled at him and he said, "But, I was talking.
Over and over, that was his excuse that day. The only hold I have over him is that I am going to give him my crushed chicken pen. He wants to wait until Friday, but it is going to rain on Friday!

Last night, I could barely wait for bedtime...lol. But, we waited until almost midnight to retire. I told Tommy to let me sleep until I awoke. I went to sleep after about five minutes with toasty warm feet. Twice during the night I went to bathroom and did not awake until about 11:50. I was still tired. I lazed about a bit until I could eat. I have this pill I take and must wait an hour to eat.

We went to pay a bill, and I stopped by CVS. Nothing exciting there.

Today, the flannel sheets were washed and dried, and my black outfit which I hang to dry. It is late, but I am going out to put another load in the washer.

In a few minutes, I will bag the breasts and turkey legs and put them in the oven for dinner. Oh, sweet potatoes will be baked and Tommy can have the rest of the English peas. I will have Romaine lettuce leaves with mine. He can have them, too.

The freezer was finally empty enough that I could put the large loaf of bread in there. Last week, I put a dozen large hamburger buns in. I use 2 gallon freezer bags to freeze bread. AND, I reuse them. I still have the dinner rolls I got for buying bread at the bread store. Can I freeze those?

I do need to boil more eggs and maybe scramble some to heat up for breakfast. Tomorrow, there is no lunch, so I will take two chicken sandwiches, 2 halos, two oj, and pack of crackers. Every time I leave Tommy in the car, I take a drink of oj and eat a cracker beforehand, and he finishes it off as I am not very hungry. So far, no low blood sugar.

That's it--nothing exciting today or even very interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes a day that is not exciting or all that interesting is just what is needed :) I do not like the weight watchers candy. My nephew just got diagnosed as a diabetic and a friend had given my parents a pack of those candies for him. He, at 8 years old, won't eat them. He says they are gross and I agree with him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      I thought I responded to this comment. I told Tommy what the child said. He agrees.

      Delete
  2. I chew a small amount of gum and its all sugarless but don't eat any sugarless candy. I don't eat much candy anyway but with all the goodies out this time of year I have been eating more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I don't chew gum. But, I do eat more chocolate than I should.

      Delete
  3. you manage to make 'nothing very interesting' interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...