Sunday, December 15, 2019

Free Phones or iPad

At a program last week, I received information that will provide a free phone, cell phone, tablet/iPad, and various other pieces of equipment for people with hearing or vision problems. There is a means test, but an income of $48K will still put you below the maximum income required.

This program is under the Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind. My friend, a professional who needs glasses came to the platform to further explain how she qualifies. She has income under $48K, and cannot read without glasses. How many people can read or see to drive only with glasses? And, you do not have to be blind!

A couple can have a higher income and both receive free equipment. Other specialized equipment includes amplified phones, phones with caption. corded home phones, and cordless home phones are n the log list of equipment available. The program is Alabama Telecommunications Access Program. From what I can see, it is available in all states.

In Alabama the phone number is 256-383-3503. I cannot find a website for this particular program. It is more than TTY services. People who need glasses to see or have even a mild hearing problem are eligible.

Maybe the fact I am so ill is the reason I cannot find a website for this particular program.

7 comments:

  1. there is a twisted logic to it : vision bad enough not to find where to go to get help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I was handed a paper, instructions, and envelope. I am so feverish that I cannot find it online. So, I am good.

      Delete
  2. Great information! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed this to some friends so thanks on their behalf. I passed my eye test when renewing my license. I will tell you now I would not want to ride with me if I was driving without glasses . HA HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Remember, it appears to be in all , yours, too. A husband and wife can one each, so two for the household. I drive fine, but cannot read a word without glasses...lol. You are all welcome.















































































































































































      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...