Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Plans Deferred and Shopping--NYE

Since it was NYE and I had lots to do, I suggested we leave early because many places will close at noon. We went to two dollar stores where I found a great buy on Christmas cards at the second one..
8 cards for $0.30 x 4
32 cards for $0.90 x 1
I will not need to buy cards for years! Dollar General has a great supply of cards. They are marked 50% off, but, the $.30 cards (8 in a box) were $1 originally.

Publix for milk and other stuff that I am too tired to think about.
McD for free apple pie, but they gave us two with me saying over and over that I only wanted one. Finally, I left with two pies and we did not have to share.
We went to a place that sells mobility carts and lift chairs.
Walked into Walgreen's to get diabetes pens and needles and shopped. I used a coupon that gives me 5000 ($5) points for buying $20 of merchandise. I did well. One item was reduced, and I had a $2 coupon. Miracle Whip was also reduced--$2.99 and I had a coupon for $0.75. Forget what else I bought. I walked into CVS and left immediately. I meant to go into Walgreens, so I got an ad and left.

We were gone for 3 hours and it took three trips to get everything out of the car. We bought 2 half gallons of a2milk, crackers, leaf lettuce, freezer bags, and other stuff I have forgotten. Oh, a trip to the bread store for $.99 bread with Jan 4 date on it. We had turkey sandwiches with leaf lettuce and halo for lunch.

At 2 pm, I took a nap and got up at 7 pm with a fever. Tommy was watching tv. When I told him how sick I felt, he went straight to the kitchen where he gathered his own dinner--turkey, potato, leaf lettuce and a halo. He may have had a tomato in a salad.

I have not cooked the carrots in the crockpot, nor have I frozen the leftover turkey. Since I did not cook it until Friday, today is the last day to save it. I haven't even cooked black-eyed peas. There is some kind of seasoned pork I have thawing in the freezer that will be ready to cook tomorrow.

It was a gloriously beautiful day, so I got my quota of sunshine. But, the wind was so high that it was cold out even though it was in 50s, I think. All the windows in this house are covered ad MUST stay that way.

It is 8:20 pm and folk around here are sporadically shooting off fireworks.

I had planned to make nibbles for later tonight, but scratch that thought. Even if it kills me, I am waiting up until midnight to see the ball drop. In the meantime, I having a replay of lunch which I loved.

It appears we are in the midst of a Big Bang Theory marathon.

8 comments:

  1. Did you make it to the ball drop? It's 11PM here when it drops so I made it. Glad you found cards for next year. Hope you feel better. Are you fighting the flu all this time? You have been sick a lot lately it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Oh, I stayed up with no trouble, but Tommy did not turn it on the station until 12:01. I was so disappointed! I have not had the flu at all. I have had a lingering sinus infection and a uti.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the card price. Sorry you are not feeling well again. I hope 2020 is kinder to you than 2019 was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      I have long-lasting sinus infections that never really leave, just get better or worse. I think 2020 would have to be better. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Hub's woke me while sleeping on the sofa. It was 12:03. we kissed and went to bed. So much for our New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I guess that counts! Up until 10 years ago, I went to friends; houses in Birmingham.

      Delete
  4. We regularly have a Big Bang Marathon here; oh the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...