Monday, January 27, 2020

Gas Leak

This morning, Tommy's car would not start, even with a jump. The guy who tried to jump it, went back and got some sort of charger that sits under the hood. I had to take Tommy to his dentist appointment instead of riding. That was a harrowing ride with Tommy half-assed giving me directions. Then, he would say, Don't you remember??? in a harsh tone. I told him not to ever use "Don't you remember?" tp e again. Those words are a judgment and a stressor. When I taught math, I never used those words to students.

"Pay attention." "Follow the signs!" "Follow that car!" "Which car?" Well that question made him mad. At least give me the color.

Okay, I got there and even with his directions. When we got home, I told him to come see his gate on the ground. Well, it was the old gate. I thought the existing gate which stays open ALL the time was a smaller gate and this small gate Was supposed to be up and they met in the middle to close it. As I closed the gate, he was yelling to leave it open. I heard a hissing as I came to the front yard, turned and looked at a meter and asked Tommy what the meter was. GAS Well, it was hissing and I could smell gas.

He said it had to be where he could smell it. ??? He cannot smell much of anything. I fretted and fussed and tried to reason with him. I finally demanded he call the gas company to shut me up...lol. He did.

It might take them 2 hours to get here. I was preparing to take my things to the car, just the clothes. I refuse to be with only one set of clothing to wear another time...ever. The guy showed up in about ten minutes. I thanked him for coming so soon and said, "I sure don't want that to blow up since that is the bedroom I sleep in." He stopped walking to the meter, stopped working and came to argue with me. He stopped to argue with me--you think I am going to let this blow up with me here? Over and over! "I have been doing this for 30 years You don't think I know what I am doing?" on and on he talked.

I tried not to talk. Since I did not want to be in the house, I sat in my car. Tommy came to the ramp and the guy was telling him this was his job and going on and on. I closed the car door so I could not hear the guy. Is tightening up something on a leaky meter and covering a rusty meter with new paint the way to handle a leaking meter? Paint?

Now, his car has to be towed. If it is not one thing, it's not another!

I need to get the Belk return and my walker from his Rogue as it is going to be towed. He is sending it to Pep Boys and called a tow truck. I would have called Pep Boys who may have a cheaper deal with the tow company. But, this is the way he does it--unknow tow truck.

I am exhausted! And it is only 2 pm. Today has been a trial. I would bet my life he will not mention the master cylinder for the brakes. Okay, I mentioned brakes.
tommy and guy poo pooed my concerns. I do not like the guy who was in charge there.

It is 4 pm an time for a nap. I know it is too late, but I a falling asleep sitting up and typing.

Okay, at 5 pm I gave up and went to bed. At 6:15 I awoke and started dinner.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry about Tommy's car. Good for you to insist he call the Gas Company. Gas leaks are nothing to play around with. I hope the rest of your day was less eventful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      He asaid it did not smell enough to worry. !!! gah! Any gas smell is too much.

      Delete
  2. I fall asleep sitting at dinner more than once. Sounds like a stressful day and time to just shut it out for a few minutes. Prayers for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I rarely get that sleepy. I finally went to bed at 5pm or so. I cannot remember.

      Delete
  3. I hope the gas leak is fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      Something was tightened and the whole thing spray painted.

      Delete
  4. Some of those guys sound like they can't stand the fact that a woman can be smart and have an opinion or know when something isn't right. That's a shame because women are usually better at gut feelings or knowing when something isn't right. Once our propane on the stove wouldn't turn off (the burner) I called or general contractor guy. then wrapped up the little old dog in a blanket. Grabbed my purse and left the house. No blowing up for me either. Some weird thing on the stove got stuck. Now I know where the valve is to shut off the gas to the stove. He showed me. Glad no one blew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I could not believe Tommy told me it was not enough gas to call about. He said the neighbor's gas was leaking and he could smell it at this house. I reassured him leaks always get worse, never better. I was on the verge of removing all my clothes from the bedroom and loading them in the car and parking three doors down. I cannot survive losing everything a second time.

      Delete
    2. Crystal,
      Ooops, posted too soon. I am glad you got out with your dog. No use taking chances. Tommy did not think the huge banging noise in the rear of his car was a problem...no, just axle.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...