Sunday, February 23, 2020

Bits I left Out and a Question

I love Lindt Lindor "irresistibly smooth" milk chocolate truffles. The ones I buy are two to a tiny shiny bag and cost $1. Inside are two truffles, a hard chocolate outside and a soft chocolate center. Sometimes, I share this with Tommy, one truffle for each of us.

The tiny empty bag was sitting here, ready to toss. As I picked it up, I noticed there was more heft to it than was normal for the empty bag. Sure enough, there was a third truffle. The two empty wrappers were proof that I did eat two and did get a third one. I counted myself lucky. By the way, these tiny bags are now $0.50...yes, fifty-cents. I felt so lucky.

When I told Tommy about the Kraft Parmesan cheese on sale and a coupon, too, he said, "Don't you have one of those?" I told him it would run out. "No, don't you have one on the table, an extra one?" I keep having to remind him I stock up on this stuff. I do not just eat it on spaghetti.

Saturday, when I came out of Lowe's, I wondered what was happening to the right of the door. Lo and Behold! There were Girl Scout Cookies. I purchased Thin Mints for me and Shortbread for Tommy. I was afraid I was going to miss GSC this year like I did last year. What is your favorite GSC?

Saturday, At Publix I found on sale Godiva Chocolate Raspberry pudding. YUM!

My yard has had daffodils since January. Now, it has even more. Tulips have not blossomed yet. The Redbuds are blooming.

I keep "finding" my microwave in the trunk of my car. I am surprised every time I open the trunk which I rarely open since I rarely drive it. I suppose it will live there. Today, I also found a small bag of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, and skin lotion, two of each. This will be given to someone else since it might cause allergies. I did keep the lotion to use on my hands. If it causes a reaction, at least I can wash it off easily and buy something different without wasting money to find something that will not make me itch. Okay, it makes my hands itch.

Today, I brought in my walker to use to hang laundry on in the bedroom. I really need a bona fide clothes dryer since it would hold much more for the same space. This is the walker that only has two wheels and no seat..

Saturday night dinner--hamburger patties cooked in the oven and a large portion of steamed broccoli and a halo. Sunday--leftover patties from Saturday night and broccoli soup.  The bought patties that I did not buy were too heavily seasoned, so the ones for Sunday are being washed before cooking

Dessert--halos. Tommy finished the strawberries for lunch. I mostly have to hand him fruit so he will eat it. Then again, sometimes he gets halos and apples every day. ??? I have a banana each and every day. I get grumpy if I do not have one.

At the permanent yard sale, I bought the concrete planter. It is beautiful, but there is no drain hole. I will probably put a potted plant inside instead of putting dirt and plant in it. Still, I picture drowning a plant. What can I plant in it?  Rain will get into it even if I put it on the porch.  So, that is my question. I want to plant food in it, like an herb, but a flower is fine. ???

12 comments:

  1. find someone with a drill and have them put a hole in the bottom of the planter. I do have several huge planters that I turn a smaller pot upside down and then put the pot I planted in on top of it so it's sits above any drain off water. I love thin mints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      This is very heavy and thick concrete. I imagine it will break the pot as the pedestal it is on it thick, too. I have used the raising of a plant to keep it from drowning. But, this will fill up to the top. I had thought it was foam when I saw it. I could just remove a potted plant and tip the water out, but this is not tippable for me. That is why I asked, because I am so stymied. I suppose I could put a plastic plant in it...lol.

      Delete
  2. I think my idea is same or similar to Chef Owings …
    I am wondering if you can't or don't want to make holes in the planter, you could perhaps plant a slightly smaller container with your flowers and insert the pot inside the planter, first putting a brick or a layer of gravel in the bottom of the planter to stand the container on.
    Just an idea …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      That is my solution. I would not mind putting holes in the concrete, but I think it would shatter. I do put pots into pots without holes, but mostly for inside where I just want to let pots drain. This will stay filled with rain when it rains. It is too heavy for me to even tip to get water out.

      Delete
  3. I love the Lindor Milk Chocolate truffles. Some of the others are good too but those are the best. Around Christmas I usually find a sale and get myself a bag. If I had them around all the time I would eat them every day and then they wouldn't be special. I do love good chocolate. Hope you are now past the worst of the antibiotic and being sick. On the mend as they say. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Not only would they not be special, but I would weigh a ton...lol. I got over the antibiotic problem. Now, my ears are just full and chest congestion trying to take over. I did start an otc for chest. Thanks

      Delete
    2. My husband just told me last night he caught a bad cold. I thought he sounded like it. I almost feel like saying I will stay and extra week and come back when you are well. lol. I have a weak immune system and always stay away from sick people. Take care and I am glad to hear you are over the antibiotic problem.

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      Yes, just tell him you need to stay another week. You might just go home to get ill! That would be a bummer. I am so glad to be better. I will watch that antibiotic and inform doctor how it makes me feel.

      Delete
  4. Did you ask if the girl scout cookies were made with real girl scouts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, they are made with 100% real GS. I read your question to Tommy. He said that is a little creepy I thought it was hilarious.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Kim,
      I have chocolate and cream cheese, so maybe I can make some to carry to the next church meal. I don't want them all here with us. So good.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...