Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday Yard Sale and Other Stuff

We left by 7:30 am this Saturday morning when the temperature was below freezing. Brrr! But, my bare toes were not a problem.

The sides of the roads are entirely of rock in places, cut or blasted out for the road. Along the roadside and on the rocks were dripping frozen icicles. It was very pretty and served to remind us of how the road was cut into the rock and how rocky this area is. The interstate to Cullman up 65 was quite hilly until the tops of the hills were cut off to even up the drive. Well, 65 follows what was 31 most of the way.

I had to take cereal and milk in a huge cup since we left before I could eat, not enough time had passed. We also took cheese and bread, actually a hamburger bun. With the water we took, we did not have to buy food to eat out.

I went to Publix in Cullman and found Kraft Parmesan cheese in the shaker on sale at $6 for 2 canisters. AND, BESIDES THAT there was also a coupon for $0.50. It is good until 6/30/20. I have four more coupons to use between now and July. I actually thought I only got two more coupons until we were on the way home.

I forgot something and stopped at the Publix we pass by here and there were no coupons for the Kraft Parmesan Cheese even though the Parmesan was the same sale price, actually a bogo.  I wonder why? You might find these coupon pads in other stores in your area.

At the same store as last week, I got 3 more pounds of broccoli for $0.99/lb. Tonight is broccoli soup night. Broccoli does not last long, so I need to use it. I may blanch and freeze some of it. Finding it for $0.99/lb is wonderful.

We stopped at the permanent yard sale. I bought an orange watering can, one that was like the green one I got last week, a new Target item. I found a duffle bag that was over three feet long, black, and in great shape. Inside were Halloween items, pumpkins. I took out some of the stuff I did not want and will finish getting the rest of it out. Some Halloween items I do want. One of the things was a Jason costume. that will be sold or given away. At any rate, I paid $5 for the full duffle bag of Halloween items.

My yard is still there...lol. It feels sad to go there, yet I feel at peace when I am back on my "land." . I know those are contradicting.

The reason I felt so rotten this last week was the antibiotic. I was hoping to feel better soon, and I did--when I was through with the prescription. I am going to make a note of that and avoid it or just know I will feel rotten.

14 comments:

  1. It's good to know what made you feel so bad, the not knowing can be scary.
    Being on your land is home, no matter the state of it. Bushfire victims here will sleep in their cars on their own property rather than go to a refuge centre, it's just how some of us are wired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      If I had slept in my car, all my things that were stolen would still be mine. I understand the feelings, the sacrifice. Thanks for understanding.

      Delete
  2. You're stronger than me. It's still hard to go home, and this place will never really be home. I don't think I will ever be at peace with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wendy, I am not strong, just nothing else to do except keep going. I truly understand. It is an unsettling feeling.

      Delete
  3. I tried to post yesterday but my mom's computer had kicked me out of being able to post through gmail. One more week in Oregon them I go home to Nevada. Mom is healing well but still attempting to overdo it. She is a very independent lady so I try to stay one step ahead of her. I really hate it when an antibiotic makes me feel so bad. Glad it sounds like you are on the mend finally. Take care. Crystal Hankey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Yu were able to post as yourself! YAY I am glad she is feeling better. Hopefully, she will feel much better in a week. I have never had an antibiotic made me feel so ill. I am going to try to avoid it unless the doctor insists.

      Delete
  4. I have antibiotics that make me sick. Doc really tries to avoid them but will warn me when he does have to prescribe them that I am going to feel horrible. Glad you know and are feeling up to getting out. Tommy too

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just love broccoli and broccoli soup sounds healthy and yummy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I love broccoli in any iteration. The soup was yummy!

      Delete
  6. Chef,
    It was a shock when I stopped taking them and felt better. I won't take this ever again unless it is the only thing that will touch my uti, and that is after a culture. Glad to know some people just feel awful without being allergic. We do have things we need to do and like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sucker for Halloween items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Me too. I still have not emptied the bag. I cannot wait for another sunny day.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes the medicine can make you sicker than the sickness.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...