Thursday, March 19, 2020

A List

Wednesday at the doctor 70 miles away was a round trip of 140 miles. I knew I would be exhausted. We had the soup tonight and salad, remainders of the Tuesday pickup lunch. I think both were better today than yesterday.

I have things to do. However, I have felt so horrid for months. It is not that I expect to have time on my hands during this covid19 time. However, I have high expectations that I will feel better soon with my meds filled. That may be wishful thinking, but that is just how hopeful I am.

List:

*Repair earrings and convert others to clip on
*File taxes online with Tommy's help
*strip bed, put on full cover with zipper
*put fitted pad on bed along with sheets
*wash and dry pink comforter for bed
*restring bracelet with elastic line for braacelets
*put my machine in its cabinet
*make new bra
*convert jumpsuit to pants
*put pockets in two pair of pants
* cut my hair
* cut Tommy's hair

That is my list for the week, until next Wednesday. Most likely, all this will not be done by next Wednesday.

Some earrings I bought last summer still have not been converted. Others have broken clips.  I finally have needle nose pliers and all the findings to do the job. One lobster clip on a necklace is broken.

I am paralyzed by the idea of filing taxes myself. Tommy will do it on my computer. It only will take the 1040EZ, but I am still frightened.

Because of my allergies, I need a mattress cover that covers the mattress and has a zipper. Then, it needs a soft, fitted cover. Sheets go on over all this. But, I cannot put a fitted sheet on a bed, much less pull a full cover that zips on. Tommy will help me.

The comforter will have to go in a machine at the laundry. Since I don't know the laundries around here, we will take it to Cullman where I do not have to search for a clean laundry.

My yellow bracelet broke. It is a long chain with jewels, stones attached.  Then, an elastic thread is run through the chain, making a chunky bracelet. I love my yellow bracelet.

My black Singer head needs to be lifted and put into my sewing cabinet so I can sew. Tommy will help with this, too.

I only made one bra after losing all. It is red and when the strap shows, it is not the right color...lol.

Last Monday, I bought  a jumpsuit from Belk's. It was originally $62 but was marked down to $7. That is a great price for pants.  I will use the skimpy top to make pockets. It is really pretty and made of rayon, so it is flowy, too.

One of the three nice outfits I bought last year when I returned the clothes my neighbor bought me, one  needs pockets, too.

All of this will not be completed in a week, but this is a list to look at when I have time or energy.

I am so optimistic I will feel better to help me get this stuff done. I need an improvement!

Today, I went in search of a thermometer and Dial pump soap. Tommy is not too clean after washing hands.

I wear a mask and continually wipe down carts and my palms. At Walgreen's we tried to pick up prescriptions at the drive up window. There were seven cars in line, and the line was not moving. I went inside and found a line of six people. My things were not ready, so another dozen people passed me by. I had to sit as I could not stand in line at all.

Publix--got bogo crackers, Wheat Thins Lightly Salted,  hair color, 2 lb. bag of blackeyed peas. Tommy eats all my crackers! Now, I am putting his name one and mine on the other. He can have some of my crackers, but we will know who eats them all!!! My color was out, so I got a slightly different color because it may be out soon. I only have navy beans, so I might need these for NYE. All the beans were gone on the shelves except two packages of BEP.

Dollar Tree. No thermometers. However, I did pass these little bins that I am going to use in the refrigerator because everything is stacked and all over so that nothing can be found and stuff falls on the floor. He just tumbles things!

Are you home and planning to do things that need doing? Remember, I am always home. I just feel like my health will improve since seeing my endocrinologist  and I might just accomplish something.


8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I love lists and love projects. My new pup chewed the corner of my hutch, so I decided to paint it and my table and chairs. My table top has been moved so many times and stored too...so it really needed work anyway. Boy what a job! I have the hutch and table finished. Will do chairs next week. I will post photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list is not new, just a way to keep it in front of me. i have felt so sick for months. It sounds like the furniture needs painting. Will the dog chew it again? I will check for pictures often.

      Delete
  2. Many of us are always home now with COVID. At least I am except for a grocery and pharmacy run today (the big event of the week). Hope your pills work and you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have not stayed in except for not going to church. I am so careful when i go out and never browse. I get what i want and remove myself.

      Delete
  3. I am sheltered in place and cabin fever is around the corner. I asked Hubby for a ride in the dog truck (the dogs get to go too) around the big block. He said he would either tonight or tomorrow. I wish it would stop raining for about a week so I could plant garden.I'll be okay once I am in the gardens. The Livingwell supplement called Heal n soothe seems to be working well for me. Doc was very leery about me trying it. I don't have the fatigue or the pain as much after a week. We'll see if it stays that way when it's been a month as it's expensive.
    I made a list, but it gets changed each day anyways. Nice to go back and see if I got anything done on the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out but I won't let Tommy go in anywhere with me or without me. I would have to be desperate to go out in a truck with dogs...lol. My list is twice as long today with nothing done...got plans to go forward.

      Delete
  4. This entry is not so jolly
    I have done a week's worth of at-home house projects. I am satisfied in my accomplishments. I look forward to returning to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      These things have nothing to do with covid19, just things that I need to put in writing so I will actually do the things I need to do.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...