Friday, March 13, 2020

Found Money at Curb Shopping

On Wednesday night we came home and stopped by the pharmacy to get prescriptions I had called in from the nurse practitioner. We got one prescription. I had four or five called in for me. Three were refills, one new med, and one replacement sticker for diabetes testing.

All of a sudden, nothing was happening. We could not hear the tech. A pharmacist came with a sign that all systems were down. So, I walked into the store assisted by a shopping cart. People were being turned away who were picking up prescriptions. Even their phone lines were down. In front of the store, cashier was telling people cash only and the card reader was down.

I called at 9:30 and all was still no go. This morning before the trip to ER, I went back to get the other prescriptions. Still, I did not get the diabetes thingamajig. sigh.

On the way back here, I saw table legs sticking up in a trash heap. I asked Tommy if we could turn around. He did so willingly. I dragged the heavy metal table from the trash heap as cars honked at me since I was right on the edge of the road. It was harrowing. I had to roll the table on the edge of the top. It would not go in the car. It is three feet or less in diameter.

We came back and he asked his neighbor who has two trucks to help. He was in bed sick. I told Tommy to let me take out my walker and huge duffle and leave them here and the table would fit. He doubted it but let me unload the back end of the Rogue.

I just knew someone would get my table. It was still there, upside down like I left it beside the driveway. I righted it and rolled it over while Tommy held onto the luggage rack to get to the back. He lifted it, mostly, while I helped. He declared it would not fit. We got it in upside down and the legs were not too long as he had declared over and over.

I went back for more. There were three shelves from one of the shelf units of plastic. And, there were two of the round things that go between shelves. There was more: a heavy wall unit with a shelf and pegs for hanging. This was an expensive item. I could tell by the construction and the heft.

Tonight, after returning from the ER, we started talking about the wall shelf. I mentioned it could not get wet and ruin, that it would work in his kitchen over his little table. He brightened and agreed. He said he would get it in. I don't know how the man does it. He had it standing on the seat of his walker and had the heavy unit leaning against his shoulder and head. I stayed to the house with storm door open. He handed it to me and I lowered it to the floor and sort of walked it to the kitchen. He came in to examine it. Nice!

When we went back to load it all in the vehicle, I found the shiniest quarter right on the ground. How did I miss it the first time?

Stress is still here and making my chest hurt. But, my cardiologist is out for the next ten days!

6 comments:

  1. I love it when I say something and Hubby tells me no way and then I prove him wrong LOL... Glad you got the stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cHEF,
      me too! I am good at packing a trunk or space. He never thinks things will fit that actually fit. I am so proud of the table for the yard. Now, to find a chair.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to get your roadside treasures home! And a shiny quarter to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I would have been sorely disappointed if I had not been able to load them. The quarter was such a surprise.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...