Thursday, March 12, 2020

I am home and okay

I left about 3:30 in an ambulance and returned home at 9 pm in a cab.

No heart problems. It was suggested anxiety over problems was the problem. I second that.  The stress I am under is enough to kill me, and it might!

I did not want Tommy driving with low blood sugar and did not want him in the hospital where Coronavirus might be. But, I could not trust him to eat what he should.

He hates Hormel Roast Beef in the can that looks like a large can of tuna. I had left him with enough roasted chicken for one or two meals. I pointed out the salad stuff and strawberries. For his dinner he had half a can of the roast beef and put the rest in a plastic storage bag in the refrigerator. He knew I would not like it if he set the can in the refrigerator. He ate leaf lettuce with mayo and some of the relish as a dressing...funny. And, he was finishing the cut strawberries as I came home. So, he survived one meal. I am proud of him...lol.

The social worker came to see me and called a cab for me, paying for it out of a fund designated for that. I had told the nurses that I needed a ride home. He was rude.

After two hours of asking everyone that came to me for a mask, I was told they were locked up and they had to use the same one all the shift. I told them I needed one. Finally, a nurse brought me one.

In a bed in the hall I had them lower the head of the bed so I could turn on my side. I pulled my hair over my eyes, hooked my arm through both arms of my bag and took a nap. I really needed a nap.

I was right inside ER for a long time, then moved to a side hall, and then to a room. I use "room" lightly as it had a divided and was in the hall between two elevators. Then, I was put in an exam room. Finally.

It was an ordeal.

When Tommy called for an ambulance, they had to send a fire truck first. One of the firemen was one who came when Tommy was throwing things at me and "raising hell" as the fireman said. It took the ambulance 26 minutes to get me to the ER. They left with no siren, but used it to get around a wreck on the interstate. Then, they drove fast and still used the siren. I felt very unsafe!

Okay, this is enough. Thanks for all the comments on the post yesterday. I will not be commenting/answering those, but I appreciate your concern. Today, I can answer comments.

8 comments:

  1. My aunt had that, was a very hard thing to deal with. I am glad you are home and Tommy survived feeding himself. REST and take care of your self

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this comment and laughed. Then, I forgot to comment. He likes me cooking good food.

      Delete
  2. good news to hear you are OK. I hope you can get some rest and start to feel a bit better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Yes, good news. It is not rest I need. I need freedom from stresses that Tommy puts on me.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...