Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Out of Town, Doctor Visit

Last night, I did sleep well and had no chest pains at all. 

We went to Cullman today in the mistaken idea that I had an appointment. It was not a lost effort. We went to the church where we drive up and have meals handed through the window. Usually, we tell them four meals. Today, we asked if six lunches were too much. Six was fine. 

She handed us two huge bags with 6 pint containers with chili with soup characteristics. It was like chili with corn and small potato dices. Tommy came across two green peas and I quit eating. He said there were pinto beans, but i never saw one. 

There were salads with lettuce, grape tomatoes and two slices of cucumber on top. I have Tommy my cucumber. 

For some reason there were 10 packs with knife, fork, spoon, napkin, salt, pepper.  Also, little packages of salad dressing, four sandwich bags with cheap cookies that are like Oreos. 

So, I know what we are having for dinner tonight. Tommy does not mind, thankfully, for him...lol. Whew. We went to the lake to eat and watch the ducks and geese. It was very pleasant and warm today. 

We went to a food bank that was closed with a sign-in sheet outside the door. No one was allowed in. There was no meat today, but all good stuff. I chose an apple pie from the desserts. Only the person doing the loading was near us. 

I got three quarts of strawberries from Publix for $5 and bananas. I stepped in another store that was as busy as a holiday. They said it have been more crowded than today for the last five days. 

While in town I took two things to Belk to return. AND, bought two things. Still, these will be used and cost less.  One is a Christmas present. I also got something for Tommy. Ice scraper in a long sleeve to keep hands from the ice and snow were originally $25, marked down to $5. 

He put his hand in and told me how he liked it because he could hold the scraper and not get wet and cold. He was more enthusiastic than usual when i give him something. 

I only have one mask, but I will reused it. I am sneezing and coughing from allergies, so i can keep other people from becoming ill. No, i did not sneeze in the mask or cough while wearing it. One commenter said the mask was to keep your illness from spreading. But, i will continue to wear it. I know i got four, but do not know where the other three are. 

These are the ones given away by CVS during a wellness month or something. I was surprised they offered these for so long, maybe a month. But, every time i went in, i got another. (See? Why does Blogger not capitalize the "i"?

Can you stand to read more and about the endocrinologist visit? 

On Monday, I went to the endocrinologist and he may have solved my problems. I have thyroiditis. Taking levothyroxin has caused my levels to rise or fall, forget which, but it is good. So, now i have to take a higher dose one day and a lower dose the next. The lower dose is what i was on. He did not say it was Hashimoto's. I wonder. This is the cause of the swollen ankles. About my swollen ankles--he said they were not too bad. ??? 

Anyway, my Vitamin D was horrifically low last summer. Now, i take 50,000 IU of D once a week. This can make my heart act up. So, i may have worse palpitations in the beginning. 

Last week, the cardiologist said my veins were fine and heart was okay. That the swollen feet could be from low thyroid. 

So, maybe this is all going to turn out to solve some of my health problems. I awake most days and can hardly get out of bed. Something has got to happen. I hurt all over. Hopefully, other doctors can fix this pain and exhaustion. But, i know some of it is the lack of thyroid hormone. 

Tomorrow, I hope to figure out my soft palate problem or be pointed in the right direction for help. The two ENTs were dismissive and uninterested in talking about it. I will never go back to that office. 

Oh, A1C was 5.8 and the doctor said I was not diabetic. ??? Then, he said I was producing insulin and I could use it all up now or save some for later. He is funny yet to the point.

6 comments:

  1. I am going to try sewing a few masks tomorrow that can be washed and re-worn so TBG and his staff have something to wear. Hey, it's better than nothing. They are in what is considered an "essential" business and so will stay open. They are having customers come in.

    What a great idea to have your meal outside at a lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Murphy,
      Until today, I did not know most of the masks the Chinese use are homemade. The article pointed out the cloth ones are useless. But, I thought anything is better than nothing. I am sure you can make some that work. Try making them not flat so the nose is not squashed. That would be more comfortable. That's the way I feel about these cheap masks I have, better than nothing. We love the lake and sit in shade amidst the green.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're getting some sleep and the chest pain is getting better - thats good news, hopefully you start to get some more energy soon. I have Hashimotos and if my levels are not right I can feel so tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I get enough sleep, then I don't. I have been so incredibly tired that I could barely lift my hands or stand.

      Delete
  3. I have weeks where I don't sleep more than an hour at a time and then might sleep mostly for 2 days. Hard life. Daughter 3 has thyroid problems that are a nightmare with her raising 4 kids on her own and working full time. She is thankful her employer understands as his wife has it also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might sleep three nights in a row without trouble sleeping. I have had days where I have slept for 11 or 12 hours. There are the nights where I sleep 2 hours and that is it. I do this for three or four nights in a row. I suppose that I have needed a boss where his wife has my problems. It certainly must help your daughter.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...