Thursday, March 26, 2020

The List, Decluttering, and More List

Okay, the list is still here and not done. I did do some things. None of this is due to needing something to do or because of social isolation. It just needs to be done in a timely manner instead of procrastinating or forgetting about the task. Original list:

*Repair earrings and convert others to clip on done for one conversion 
*File taxes online with Tommy's help
*strip bed, put on full cover with zipper
*put fitted pad on bed along with sheets
*wash and dry pink comforter 
*restring yellow bracelet with elastic line for bracelets
*put my machine in its cabinet
*make new bra
*convert jumpsuit to pants I cut it apart, top from bottom
*put pockets in two pair of pants
* cut my hair done
* cut Tommy's hair done

More list I made the next day:

Set up printer
boil eggs done for last three in a carton
bake pan of sweet potatoes done-- 20
call Amazon
wash quart jars to store sugar and flour
put shelves together
renew laptop security done

I know, not much was done in a week. However, my hair is not so stringy, I have another pair of earrings to wear, and I know the pants will work, and Tommy's hair is not so long. And, we had cooked at home meals mostly all week. 

In my defense, not that I need defending, I decluttered a lot by the seat and two tables near me, finding things I wondered about and things I had forgotten about. I found my hair scissors which were where I thought but lying on the edge and almost invisible. 

There is never a pen when I need one. I brought a white cup onto the table where I lay them down. Now, I have found 9 pens, the Sharpie, and a dozen twist ties that go into the kitchen. In this cup I keep the two new Sharpies I just bought, a dozen fast food straws until I can take them to the kitchen, and my seam ripper for now.

My hair is too short!!! I put color on Tuesday, so Wednesday it will look better but not longer. UGH! Thankfully, i got the bangs just right, not too short like i have done several times before. Okay, my hair after color looks really ridiculous. I would be very upset and probably cry if I paid a professional for this cut. Tommy said it looks okay. But, it is not okay with me. Well, I am not a hairdresser; this was free! It will take a month to look halfway like what I want.

I went to cardiologist armed with reports from ER and two other doctors. Now, I need a CT of heart. sigh. I had to call repeatedly to get appointment like ER wanted, but not in 3 days. It took 13 days. There was only one nurse, doctor, and office manager.

There was no valet service at the hospital. I had to call main number and security was sent to wheel me inside. There was a table manned by a woman who questioned me and took my temperature. The halls were empty. It was eerie.

Yesterday started off as a beautiful day, then changed to heavily overcast skies s we drove further north. Finally, a glorious blue skies and pretty white clouds shone all day.  The last time we drove north on the interstate, the deciduous trees were still brown. Yesterday, the rolling hills showed solid green, making the view spectacular and hopeful.

4 comments:

  1. My list isn't getting done either.Hubby told me to list what I was doing including the dogs out and in. A lot of daily in there I was not acknowledging.

    Today in northwest Ohio the skies are clear and the ground a soggy mess. I am wearing muck boots to take laundry to the yard clothes line. Decent enough I am washing all the bedding, furniture covers and throw blankets to dry out on the line.

    Later I plan to salt the asparagus patch... weird to me but all the Amish told me they do it and the asparagus will be better. Salt needs to look like a thin layer of snow or a heavy frost.

    I need to finish planting bulbs also.

    stay safe , hope you get answers with the CT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef,
    I thought I posted a comment. I wrote it! There are dozens of ordinary things I accomplish, but they are not on a list. I should list them...lol.

    The skies are pretty here and it is dry. I tried walking in the yard of my house, and it was boggy where new dirt was brought in. That just puts me off balance.

    I wish I had lines on the clothesline poles. But, it is weedy back there.

    "salting asparagus" is a term I heard and was not sure if it was cooked asparagus or just the plant in the ground. Isn't that too much salt for the ground?

    Trying to stay safe. You stay safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing what I can and what I want to, no pressure just what I want. I think this is going to go on for a lot longer than we suspect so I am not pushing myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      As you can see, I am not pressuring myself at all. Obviously, from the list most of this is me-centered, like pants, haircut, etc. From what I read in the very beginning, this was going to last 18 months to two years. I started stocking up long before anyone did--when I first heard about it still in Wuhan.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...