Saturday, May 23, 2020

Weekend Fun

This weekend, we are watching the Turner Classics or something like that--all war movies. 72 hours of war. Most I have seen but long ago. It is something different.

Today, we had an excursion but we got there and the place did not open for two hours more. I was tired from the first place, so I wanted to come home. I had only slept 1.5 hours last night. Because of a phone call, I could only sleep 2 hours when I lay down for a nap, so I still have a sleep deficit holding me back.

We did get a chocolate soft serve cone today from DQ. On Tuesday, Tommy ordered the medium cone and I did not tell him what I wanted. So, when we got it, I told him I did not need such a large cone, so today he order small. If they have a mini, we will get that next time. Soon cones will be $1 at DQ. Okay, I just looked and there is no mini. Too bad. Well, we will get the $1 cone, whatever it is.

The rotisserie chicken was used for sandwiches today, and it will be dinner tonight with vegetables and fruit later. Maybe I will have a navel orange even though I am allergic.

We are wild and crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! A soft serve from DQ sounds yummy! I have never had their chocolate one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      We tried to buy chocolate in Birmingham, but they did not have chocolate and they were puzzled at our request. I knew DQ in Cullman had chocolate. We mentioned the fact we could not get chocolate in Bham. The manager happened to be standing there and said only 4 D in the state of AL carried chocolate. So, now we are going to wait until the cones are $1 until we get another cone.

      Delete
  2. All my life my family has used the expression "small chocolate cone' to mean dessert as this is father's only DQ choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Your father is a discriminating man. He has good tastes.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...