Saturday, June 27, 2020

Free Turkey

Added to the freezer:
Free small turkey, free bscb. So, about 15 lbs. of poultry.
Two packages of naan.
Leftover buns. Now, they will not mold!

Taken from freezer:
loaf of bread.

I am still in the process of adding the items from the refrigerator freezer to the new freezer. The turkey and bscb were acquired this last week. I need Tommy to help me control the avalanche when doing the transfer. The view into the new freezer is looking nice to me. The one thing I have not done is to make a list of what I have in the freezer. At this point, I can just see it all without having to move things about.

I ordered another Rada knife. I still think Tommy is throwing out knives with paper plates. I will confess if I find them.

While looking for a glove to avoid cutting myself, I found one for $11 and a really good one for $69. Since I am not a meat cutter, not fast anyway, I think the lesser one might do the trick of keeping me from letting blood again. Has anyone ever used or had experience with one of these safety knives?

We sat and watched the ducks and geese again today at Sportsman's Lake. It certainly was a perfect outing. It was amazing to see the Sahara Desert dust storm all around. We started talking about the Summer With a Winter. I figure grow lights inside are the way to go.

Since it is almost 9 pm., I should cook something. I think it will be a mixture of leftovers in a skillet warmed with olive oil, garlic, and topped with cheese.

Edit: sliced baked potatoes heated in skillet with chopped onion, garlic, and olive oil, diced tomatoes, diced leftover meat heated with hot onions and potatoes, cheese on top and heated until it melted. It was good and used up leftovers and a tomato that was going off, well another fresher tomato was used also.

Okay, what experience have you had or what knowledge do you possess about the knives meant to save fingers from sharp objects? I never used my mandoline because of my fear.

4 comments:

  1. I am experimenting right now with my first homemade put into the freezer. I hope it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I am sure it will be delicious. Let us know.

      Delete
  2. My son got no cry cut resistant gloves from Amazon... said they worked decent after he got used to wearing them. He nearly cut off the tip of his finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      That is the brand I looked at, Level 5. I will never have them on long. Or, I can take them off to rest. My fingernail and the small knife kept me from cutting deeper. Thanks. I think I will order those now.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...