Monday, June 22, 2020

This and That and Small Economy

The paper inserts this week have three coupons for Ball jars, Ball lids and bands, and a new Ball jar shape. This week, I will pick up these pink envelopes that people leave by the curb. Look in your Sunday paper to find them if they are not thrown in your driveway in a little pink bag.

Last night, Tommy peeled 5 lbs. of potatoes. It was so late, I just put them in a bag and left them in a cool place. I hope they are okay. These will go into a cooking bag with some sort of seasoning and meat. While he was working on potatoes, I cleaned strawberries and made us a smoothie with mostly strawberries.

Today, he can peel apples for pies. He likes peeling things because it is food he can eat...lol. Not once have I ever had to push him, encourage him. He just does it when I ask or even mention peeling.

Today, I don't have to water my plants on the porch. It is raining so hard that they are being watered well. This is forecast for the rest of the week. My back was hurting while watering the few plants.

Last week, when we went to Walgreen's, WG included a card with the meds. It said, "Happy Thoughts and Good Vibes." The envelope was unmarked, but the card was. Today, I used the bright orange envelope to mail coupons to my friend. Yes, it is a small economy, but it saved me paying for an envelope.

I am going to cut the off the front with the saying and include it with a gift.

Okay, I have to work on things.

Do you save clean envelopes from greeting cards to use elsewhere?






















4 comments:

  1. I reuse surdy envelopes even if they have markings, but no private data for lot's of things. At work, we use the security envelopes again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      It only makes sense to do so. I remember the envelopes at work meant to be reused.

      Delete
  2. I use the backs of old envelopes to make lists and would definitely use an unspoilt envelope a second time. Oddly enough, my boss when I was still working always worked on the backs of envelopes. The guy I worked closest with scribbled all over recycled papers and I was the same. It was SO messy but it worked. We used to monitor countries' compliance with international trade rules and list all the trade measures that were breaking the rules for presentation to the G20 trade ministers so you can imagine how complex these documents were - and there's the 3 of us working on scrap paper! But it actually worked and we didn't miss much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I suppose the system of scrap paper worked because all were good at your jobs, dedicated, and had a system. Sometimes neatniks are just neat. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...