Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thursday

Hopefully, blogger will get this all figured out. All day, well part of the day, I tried to type a new post. Nooo! I repeatedly clicked on New Post on the front page of my blog. Finally, this last time the "New Post" on the Post page showed up. It is after midnight, and I am tired.

Okay.....
Wednesday, Tommy had two Chicken Italian Sausages and a salad of sliced yellow squash, whole cucumber, baby carrots with Italian dressing and half a cantaloupe. 

Thursday, for dinner he had a lamb chop and potato cooked with it and half a cantaloupe. I had carrots, onion, bell pepper to put in but forgot it. My brain! There are two more lamb chops so I will not have to cook again soon. Well, i will not have to put food in the oven.

Wednesday and Thursday night, I had baked chicken tenders and vegetables and fruits i do not remember except for half a dozen plums. 

Tommy woke me at 8 am this morning like I asked. Ten seconds later, the doctor called me. I could barely talk, something I have explained to her and she finally heard my voice when it is not there. We had a good talk. This woman listens to me. So, i have new tests and new prescription for statin. The last two statins made me hurt all over.  Plus, she called in two refills that I did not have to remind her to do.

Thursday, we got another vegetable box and one for our neighbor who mows our lawn. There were plums, the kind that are small and reddish. I love those things and stuffed myself. There was a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots, 3 lb. bag of apples, 5 lb. bag of oranges, 5 lb. bag of potatoes, a few zucchini, and a few cucumbers, 2 lb. bag of plums, 3 lb. bag of pears, head of celery, huge package of tortillas. 

Once a day, I carry a few things to the bedroom for storage. This is slow going, but better than leaving it in the dining area. I may have Tommy bring his walker with a box in it, load up the box, and have him push it to the room for me. 

Today, Tommy washed a pot for me, stainless steel that had stuff stuck in it. Then, on his own he got the other one and washed it too, getting the scorch on the bottom of the pan. THEN, he scrubbed one half of the sink. He is stronger than I am, can stand without pain, and his fingers do not hurt from the pressure of scrubbing.  Thanks to his efforts and Barkeeper's Friend, all the stainless steel is gleaming. 

We will eat well and I can freeze some food.  There were no tomatoes, so I will buy those from a farmer's market. 

Thursday was a good day. How was yours?

14 comments:

  1. Your produce box was a win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday was a good day. The weather outside was pleasant and breezy, temperture only got up to the mid-80s, which sounds hot but really wasn't. My dog and I saw two bunny rabbits, a squirrel, and three birds. The dog was much more excited abou it than I was.

    My daughter-in-law sent home with us the other day some Brunswick Stew she had made, and she makes the best. Our son had fixed shrimp and grits along with fried greed tomatoes for my wife's birthday dinner. I got new glasses and I can not only see again but I can drive again. It has been a good week all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rhymes,
    I don't think mid-80s is necessarily hot. Low humidity and a breeze helps that temp to be pleasant. I can imagine the dog's excitement...lol. I worried about the fact you could not drive so i am happy for your being able to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vegetable box sounds nice!
    We have a good week here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      It is nice! I am glad your week has been good.

      Delete
  5. My blogger stuff has been acting up too.
    The vegetable boxes sound very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a nice variety in your box of vegetables and fruits.

    I also have had terrible pain in my body and feel very sickly when I take statins, and I have tried several of them always with the same results. It is hard to explain, but they make me hurt so bad, not in my bones or muscles, but in the meat of my body is the only way I know to describe it. It makes the meat in my arms so painful that when my arms brush against my body when walking it was about enough to make me cry,and that was real bad around the top of my shoulders and arms too. When I would try each one of the different statins, I would have the same symptoms. It felt like I had the flu. My strength was gone and all I barely felt like doing was just sitting like a lump. Each time when I quit taking them, I would quit hurting by about the middle of the third day. My cholesterol is 182 at this time, which is borderline high I believe. In the past it has been higher. It seems like my thyroid levels affect my cholesterol also. I am taking my risks of borderline high cholesterol, because I could not live long feeling like I did with those statins. And I think the statins must be wrong for my body in some way for them to make me sick as a dog. I had one doctor treat me like I was lying to him, but my current doctor has seen other people who had the same problem with the statins, so he doesn't push me to take them.

    How nice that you will not have to be cooking again for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Yes, it was a good variety. Today, we got more and shared it with two people.

      After I told the cardio doc about the pain, he gave me another. When i told him it hurt me, too, he said there was nothing else. I know that is not true, so i am finding another cardio doc. Feeling like I had the flu times 3 is correct. My thyroid was so low that he is having to raise it slowly as he said the dose i would need would be too high to take. I hate it when a doctor will not believe what i say. Why would i lie? I am certainly not wanting a high dose of med or something. Another speaks to me dismissively, so he is gone, too, as soon as i find a new doc. Thanks for sharing this.

      Delete
  7. Barkeeper's Friend is a lifesaver. I have cause to use it on items I thrift for resale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Tommy had never heard of it and was raving about how
      well it cleaned. It seems i use it on more and more items and places in the house. His sink he cleaned is gleaming like it probably has not gleamed in years.

      Delete
  8. We get hard water marks on our sinks in the two bathrooms. (they are not plastic) I tried a little barkeepers friend on a wet sponge and they are gleaming now! Love Barkeepers friend.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...