Wednesday, July 29, 2020

No Doctor Again! Money in the Mail

I took from the freezer a package of five Italian Chicken Sausages. Tommy only eats two at a time and  I won't touch them. So, Monday noon and night, he had two sausages. Tuesday, I was going to give him the last one and vegetables. Well, I did not realize I had two packages and had thawed out the last one after wondering why I had not gotten it out.

So, I informed him he could eat sausages on Wednesday, too. He was okay with that. Monday night, I just had vegetables, and now I have forgotten what I had.

Tuesday night dinner for Tommy: two chicken Italian sausages, big helping of steamed zucchini, half a cantaloupe. I had baked chicken tender, big helping of steamed zucchini. I cannot stand cantaloupe! Later, I will eat an apple. We did not have the vegetables we should, but we will remedy that tomorrow when I feel more like cooking or slicing.

Tuesday, we drove another 75 miles, 150 round trip to the same doctor who was closed last week. AND, the office was closed today, too. I was so upset and discouraged. AND, there are other offices in northern AL, and no one answers any phone. No one has called me back after I left messages. Wednesday, I will wake up ready to wage war! But, I will be nice.

Last week, the woman who talked to me told me they had left messages with all patients to call back and reschedule the appointment. NOPE! Not last week nor this week. I did receive a voicemail reminding me of the date and time of my appointment. AND, it is saved so I can forward it to them if I can figure out how to forward a voicemail.

The rest of the cantaloupe needs slicing and storing. I need chocolate. Maybe I will go to a walk in clinic here tomorrow.

I am so weak and in pain that I feel like I might die, but I know I won't get that lucky...lol. 

The mail yielded a check for $15 in payment for participation in the garden research project. Since the overdraft problem, I decided to just get the cash. Then, holding dirty cash made me uneasy. 

Okay, it is Wednesday now and the day has been spent waiting for phone calls. Do you ever feel like you wait for too many people to return calls? 


10 comments:

  1. I despise waiting for doctors offices to call back. I despise even more always having to leave a message detailing my problem. I hate calling early morning one day and not hearing back until very late afternoon the next day. I have just a cheap cell phone,and don't care to have an expensive one.I don't want to take calls when I am not home where I can write info down, or am trying to hear over whatever is going on in the background of wherever I am and I don't want to be talking about my health problems in front of other people in stores or wherever, so I don't give medical offices my cell phone number, just my home phone. There are many times I have waited at home after calling in the morning, thinking I would hear from them in the afternoon, and didn't. The last time I called for information about my blood thinner schedule before having a wisdom tooth pulled, a nurse answered my question, and a week after my tooth was pulled my the tooth hole started bleeding suddenly and bled for 16 hours straight, forming a large clot that was so big it is called a liver clot. When I called to talk to my actual heart doctor when the hole kept bleeding. He told me I probably should have waited longer to resume the blood thinner. That was not the directions the nurse gave me.I have an eye surgery coming up sometime in the fairly near future and this time I will speak directly to a doctor, not a nurse, not a tech, not the secretary, for directions on what to do about that blood thinner. If my eye bled like my tooth did all of a sudden a week after surgery, I can't even imagine how much damage it could cause inside my eye.

    I had one doctor for my asthma that I have gone to for 45 years. That office always answered the phone, no message leaving, and always without fail called back within a half hour or so. Those days are over now, he finally retired because of the Covid virus and his age.

    I hate handling dirty cash, but for my daughter's birthday my husband couldn't find a gift card for the store she preferred. We did have some cash on hand. I wash any cash we get with hot, hot water and dawn dish detergent. I put the money in a quart size freezer bag and wash it twice and rinse it twice and then let it air dry. The cash felt quite crisp and clean after it had dried. We told our daughter we had used laundered money for her gift. Seriously clean.

    I hope you can find a doctor closer to home so that they can find something to get you feeling better. You were travelling an awful lo-o-ng ways to a doctor's office where they don't even have the courtesy to call or email you and tell you your appointment is cancelled. Take care. I hope you will be feeling better soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      That would be terrible if your eye bled for so long! The woman i talked to today drove me crazy with her insistence i tell her everything! She then read back what message she was leaving for the doctor. SHE GOT IT WRONG!

      Laundered money...lol. I try to leave it in a bag for a few days.

      This doctor is worth the drive and the wait. So, maybe i will keep going there.

      Delete
  2. Friend in Huntsville has ran into that same problem but with dentist...gets calls to confirm but actually is closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      That would be annoying even if i drove across town to go there. I psyche myself up for dentist visits.

      Delete
  3. When I am in work mode, I take (when I was in th eoffice) answering thephone inmy office seriously,and returning calls when a message was left a priority. I figure most people who try to call its becasu ehtye have liitd access tocomputers, and some vulnerable people limited phone access. It was my pet peeve, still is, as a manager/direcotr that someone sitting oat hteir desk, even when not literlaly in the middle of something,lets the phone go to voice mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      When i call at a quarter or thirty minutes before closing, I know they are letting it go to voice mail. There are still people like you, thankfully, who take all aspects of the job seriously. We all thank you.

      Delete
  4. Try calling them every hour or so. Fill up their voicemail box. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, is what my boss use to say. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I called them 15 times in a seven hour period and left voicemail three times. The squeaky wheel also can get replaced! Hopefully, the doctor will call me tomorrow whether she is seeing patients or not.

      She is very thoughtful and patient. One day, i had an appointment at 11:30 am. At 8 am. she called me saying that she knew it would be bad weather that day, and she could help me and save me the trip. Nice, huh?

      I will have to get up at 8 am because I will use Tommy's cell phone in my bedroom to talk and his ring is a soft little twitter. I will never hear it in my sleep.

      Delete
  5. I would be furious if that happened a second time. You could always wear some disposable gloves to handle the money. We have some in our car to use when getting gas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I pretty much let the nurse know on Wed. The doctor called me this morning. I could barely talk because of something going on. She said she needed to hear how i could not talk. The money from the bank is cleaned. But, i still left it in a bag in the car.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...