Thursday, July 2, 2020

I Think I Stole This

After I brought scissors like I wanted, it appears I did not. The blades are serrated. I did not want serrated blades. So, I searched for the receipt to exchange them. I searched everywhere I could imagine. And, then I tried some more places.

On the receipt every purchase was something in the bag--fabric and elastic. Except the scissors were in the bag and not on the receipt. Finally, I decided that I put the material on the debit card and then put the scissors on the debit card. That would be two transactions.

So, there would be two entries for that business. No, I checked and had the guy at the bank check again. I can only figure I never paid for the scissors. But, maybe I had $50 in cash on me. That is possible but highly improbable.

By the way, the woman who took the scissors down for me told me they were not serrated. I knew the difference and did not make this mistake on my own. I took her word for it--my mistake. Plus, I did not put things into the bag, the female cashier did. Furthermore, the scissors were in a separate bag!

There was a man in front of me in line. He was talking and sort of being in the way. He picked up my fabric and put it on the counter because I was having trouble with it. (I could do it but the fabric was sliding and unfolding.) Then, when things were rung up, I realized the scissors were not included and he handed the woman the scissors. Now, I wonder if she was distracted and just put them in a separate bag. Did he pay for them, being nice, like paying for the order of the car behind?

I may never know. But, they are not on my debit card and I have no receipt. However, the cashier did handle them and put them in a separate bag. I am quite sure I did not bag them myself, but I have no evidence that I purchased them.

After rethinking all this, thinking in detail, I remember this guy being out in front of the register for at least three customers before me. I thought he was a manager. Then, I did not know what he was doing as I got to the register. He talked a lot to the cashier. I think he may have distracted her. Or, there is the thought I could have paid in cash. But, where is the receipt?

Have you ever had a mystery like this involving a purchase?

2 comments:

  1. I bought a small item and put in on the floor of the car in the bag I bought it in. When I took it out and looked in the bag there was a $50.00 bill in the bag. I never even had a $50 so I know it wasn't mine. I never found out where it came from. No one used the car but me so no one could have put in in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Do you think someone wanted to give you money and thought you would reject it or be embarrassed? That is a mystery, but a good one. Thanks for that story

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...