Thursday, July 16, 2020

Keto Cookie and Air Fryer

I was given a Birch Benders Cookie a la Cup. It is in a cup like Kraft Mac and Cheese. Directions are to stir in 2 T water, microwave for one minute. It worked.  This was chocolate chip, not like I have eaten but not bad at all. Have you had one of these? Tommy and I each ate half. It was okay. Not good.

As we left to go to Cullman today to meet with an attorney, the FedEx guy showed up with the air fryer. I brought in the house and took the box out of the packing box and left. 

When we got home, it was waiting. I have  a million questions. Can i put frozen food in the fryer? 

For dinner we had frozen pieces of seasoned turkey and coleslaw, a bowl with cucumber and tomatoes with dressing, and some of the baby carrots that I cooked and froze. All this meal required was the microwave! 

Tommy is very very happy we have this air fryer. He said it would be great to have food that did not all taste the same. HE is the one who does not want the chicken cooked any other way. But, today, he was almost ecstatic. 

It is almost 7:30 pm and I need to go and water garden.

14 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting an air fryer, do you use it often? what sort of things do you make in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      It just came yesterday, so I have no experience with the air fryer.

      Delete
    2. Daughter 1 uses it for anything that she would normally deep fry or bake. Son 2 uses it for things he would bake. I use ours for deep fried things that we would heat up the oven for etc. Mine has shelves and a rotisserie so I have used the rotisserie for a pork loin and beef loin. I have made hand pies in mine. Baked potatoes, sweet potato fries. Pizza rolls LOL. They usually come with a recipe book... there are several airfryer cook books. You could check the library as I have borrowed a couple from them

      Delete
    3. Chef,
      Libraries are closed. Mine does not have shelf or rotisserie. There was a basket and a pot-type set of accessories. Maybe i should have bought that, too. There is a recipe book with things i will never, ever cook. No baking recipes in there.

      Delete
  2. Turkey, coleslaw, salad and baby carrots! yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your new air fryer. I've seen a lot of good food (online) made with them. Let us know what you think of it after you've been using it for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      The recipe book that came with it had few things i will make. I will use it as a guide along with internet recipes. I will post how it does.

      Delete
  4. I use our air fryer almost daily but it took awhile to figure out how long and at what temps things cook. Mine seems to cook really hot so I cook things at lower temps than instructions suggest. It’s great for potatoes, chicken, leftover pizza, broccoli,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      I am glad to hear the temp can be different than instructions. I suppose this is like everything--it takes a while to get the hang of it.

      Delete
  5. Air fryer - yes, many people put things in there from frozen. I haven't, but I love my air fryer! It's good for reheating food, and makes the BEST chicken wings! YUM

    Keto - the main premise of keto is to remove grain and sugar from the diet, but also highly processed / industrial seed oils. Not everything that is marketed as "keto" is good for you. There are many resources for great low carb / keto recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Good, some days things are still frozen if i forget to get them out. Thanks.

      I don't think this keto cookie was healthy with all the additives. But, I was given only one, so it was no waste of funds and there are no more to eat.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see what you can do with this. I don't have one, but if you have good tasty success I will get one. We eat so much meat with veggies and it gets boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      We eat lots of meat and vegetables, too. I don't get bored. Tommy better not!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...