Monday, July 27, 2020

Pizza from Tortillas, Cokes

Tortillas, cheese--had these. So, I bought a jar of pizza sauce. I browned the tortillas more than I meant to brown them. I used half the jar on two pizzas. The 8 oz of Mozzarella was used, also. So, I only had $2 or less invested in these 4 pizzas.

I had no mushrooms, or black olives for me and no pepperoni for him. He hates mushrooms and black olives and I am allergic to pepperoni. Since we like these, I will prepare for next time. We had two each pizza tortillas.  I can cook some of the roll of sausage I have in the freezer. We missed that because it was not thawed.

We will have these pizzas again. I just don't like the cost of Mozzarella or the pizza sauce. We can use cheddar if necessary, and I should make the pizza sauce. I will freeze the tortillas now. 

I have about three bags of oranges. Since I am not supposed to have the fiber, I will have to juice them. I juiced one and definitely need a juicer to do this right. I see the electric juicers and do not want one. I see the little things you hold in one hand and ream into the other hand holding the orange. Nope, don't want it. It would hurt both hands to use it. 

What I really want is one of the antique glass ones. They work so well. Three went into the dump! And, I am not paying the cost and shipping  one from ebay.

The juice was delicious!

Coke is not canning Regular Coke Caffeine Free because of the aluminum can shortage. Bummer. I decided the caffeine was making me have a very fast heartbeat. And, then I was given medicine to slow my heartbeat. Bummer on no more Caffeine Free Coke for me. I have one occasionally.

I never worried about the can shortage or suspected anything could happen to my Coke Caffeine Free. No, silly me worried about canned food and olive oil.  I am quite sure the beer companies are getting their share of cans. If bananas are in short supply, I am sunk.

Coke in cans can be substituted for Coke in bottles, but there are no Regular Coke Caffeine Free on the shelves, either. 

Another Saturday happy thing--I picked up and paid for two Rada knives I had ordered. I also dropped off donation to a clothes closet. I only had one thing. The other stuff was Tommy's. Yes, donating is a happy thing.

Are you finding things absent that you need or want? Okay, no one needs to tell me I don't need Cokes!

Monday now.
I am finally putting ice trays in Tommy's freezer. I bought four when i came here but maybe it was two because that is all i can find. Tommy's trays were on the floor and filthy. I put them in to soak and he washed them and the box for dumping them. I am going to use my blue trays and he can use the white ones and the box. I do not think he has clean hands, so he can mess around in his own ice. 

Finally--ICE! I have missed it. 

Do you like lots of ice? Any ice? Have you found your favorite soft drink or beer is not on the shelf?  

14 comments:

  1. We have been having a hard time getting my Diet Rite Cola sugar free and caffeine free in cans,now I know why. They do have it in the big two litre bottles, though the Diet Rite in the 2 litre's tend to go flat if I don't drink that big amount fast enough, and I never manage to drink that much soda in even 2 days. I have atrial fibrillation and Dr said no caffeine for me. I like the Diet Rite Cola because the sweetener they use doesn't leave that diet sweetener taste in my mouth quite as bad. Some after taste, but not as much as Diet Coke,Diet Sprite or some others.

    I'm glad you liked the little tortilla personal pizzas. I should have wrote in bold letters to crisp in skillet VERY briefly or you get burned spots on the tortillas. Sorry about that. I'm going to save some sausage or burger the next time I cook any of that for our next little pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Now you know. I did love them and so did Tommy.

      Delete
  2. I'd never tell someone to give up their little vices right now-you go ahead and have that Caffeine free Coke. I had given up pop, but then was drinking it like mad again, but have weaned myself back off. I find Tortillas make a nice base for a lot of meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM.
      Thanks for allowing me to kill myself slowly...lol. I did not drink so many until Tommy offered me one from the refrigerator every time he got one. He rarely drank them until i bought them for him. I am going to try tortillas for more meals.

      Delete
  3. My husband likes flavored sodas like Fanta Orange and Grape and we can't find those. He picks up Winn Dixie brand when he is out and about.

    I was excited to read that you tried the tortilla pizzas and that you liked them! We may have to try them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we will all be looking for everything but regular Coke and Pepsi. Try the tortilla for the pizza. You will probably like it since pizza is mostly about the topping.

      Delete
  4. LOTS OF ICE! That's how I drink my water. Years ago I read that drinking it very cold burned more calories so that's what I did. I don't know that I even believe that, but that's how I got used to drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I love ice! I heard that too, but i already had an ice habit. Maybe i will burn a few calories now...lol.

      Delete
  5. These little tortilla pizzas are a great idea. I have some tortillas I bought and wasn't sure what to do with them. I just need pizza sauce and I will try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I read that spaghetti sauce is too runny. I might try adding a thickener and add pizza sauce spices next time I do this.

      Delete
  6. I love ice! Our icemaker quit working so I convinced my hubby to sell our fridge and buy a new one (which led to more problems). I drink at least a gallon of water a day, WITH ICE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I love ice, too. Can you not replace the icemaker or repair it in a refrigerator? Never mind--you got a new one. I don't drink that much each day, but i drink lots of water. Maybe i drink 3 quarts.

      Delete
  7. I normally drink water at room temperature. I sip on a cup of cold coffee all day. I do use ice occasionally. I got a call from my Doctor's office this morning letting me know my sodium level is low. I did a quick online search and learned it has to do with electrolytes and fluid balance in the body. I know I do not drink enough fluids. I am certain he will advise me to drink more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I think coffee has a diuretic effect, so maybe drinking less coffee along with more water will be what you need to do. I guess he will figure it out. I don't drink any kind of coffee, so i am not sure how i could drink cold coffee. Let me know how the doctor is going to treat your low sodium.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...