Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fireworks--4th Continued

Saturday night, the 4th, was quite until 8 pm. Then, the neighborhood awoke. Firecrackers popped sporadically. Finally, I heard such a boom. I ran to the door and went out on the ramp in my nightgown. I stood and waited for the next one since individuals never shoot off the big ones close together.

Then, a firework show worthy of a big-town display hovered overhead until it poofed and disappeared. This went on for five minutes as I could see the operators in a church parking lot several doors down, walking to and fro with flashlights.

Finally, the sky exploded with a dizzying array of all types of explosions. Most were the two-stage type. One even went up and had three different displays. Plus, these fireworks did not go off one at a time. There were always at least two in the air, sometimes three at  any one time.

I have seen individuals have the same fireworks, but never the capability to shoot them off at the same time and in such rapid succession.

This was as good as Thunder on the Mountain, just shorter. Of course, I was choking on gunpowder or something in the air.

Lunch on the 5th was chicken sandwich and fruit. Dinner on the 5th will be hotdogs, baked beans, corn on the cob that I forgot last night, and coleslaw. 

This afternoon, I wanted to get in the car to just get out of the house. I found a big box store almost empty and an electric cart in the parking lot. $150 later and having used $20 in coupons, I had a stock up done. I have more coupons to use, but the product was not there. 

Now, to water plants. 

How has the Day After been for you? Or, the 4th?

4 comments:

  1. We couldn't see fireworks where we are (too many trees) but could hear a lot of them. I wanted to get out of the house and go for a ride today too but we decided to just wait and do a few things around here. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      The fact it was not storming led us to get out today. Rain and storms are predicted all week, including Sunday, but the rain and storms are not in our city.

      Delete
  2. Never left the yard or house or saw a soul except a few people walking their dogs. From 9 to 10 I heard fireworks on the fourth and that was it unless I slept through any. I did make a delicious key lime pie en from scratch- even my own graham cracker crust which was so much better that the Keebler ones. All in all a perfectly boring holiday LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      "Perfectly boring" sounds good to me as does the pie. My fireworks were only about five minutes and that was fine.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...