Friday, August 7, 2020

A Different kind of Box

 It is hard to know my true temp. I am using a digital thermometer under my arm. Plus, my normal temperature is about 97.2. The thermometer takes my  temp in about 10 seconds. I like that if it is doing a good job. 

Tomorrow morning, I am going to the doctor. The head and throat congestion is not going away soon. 

Thursday, a different oxygen generator was delivered and plugged in by the guy who delivered it. Tommy hooked up all the tubing. Then, last night, I turned it on. It has a smell like the other ones did, but not the same smell or as pervasive. It has been running but not in use. Hopefully, tonight I can use it. 

When it was delivered, there were six oxygen bottle and a portable thing to wear. That was not ordered, so I sent it back. 

Today, we went to a different food box handout. I gave all the sweet potatoes, potatoes, and the one orange to neighbor along with two gallons of milk, and two-lb bag of lentils. I also gave them two boxed dinners from another day. Thursday, we did not go to a box handout. 

There were three small bags, each tied up. In each bag was ground beef, cheese, and frozen little containers of peaches. 

So:

3 2-lb packages of ground beef

3 2-lb. packages of grated mozarella

18 4-oz container of frozen peaches. 

24 oz can of pork

2 jars of peanut butter

package of pasta and tomato sauce packet 

I tried to make ice cream but did something wrong because the machine kept binding. So, I turned it off and went to take an hour nap. The cold bowl froze what was left after I had some of the chocolate "ice cream" as chocolate milk. 

Over an hour later, the chocolate milk left in the bottom was frozen. I ate a little and Tommy ate more--right out of the freezing bowl. He said it tasted like a chocolate milk popsicle. 

I have cauliflower rice that i am going to add squash, zucchini, grated cheese, eggs and bake. Hopefully, it will be edible. And, chicken in a bag in the oven will be the other thing I will cook tonight.  

So, that was Friday. How was your Friday. Any bargains or deals out there? 



4 comments:

  1. It's Sunday and by now I don't remember what Friday was like - I remember working. Every day is Blursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Sometimes i have to look at my blog to figure out when things happened or what I did on a certain day. "Blursday" is correct.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...