Thursday, August 6, 2020

Maybe You Know the Answer | This and That

I bought baby aspirin but not the coated kind, the kind I am supposed to take. I bought the chewable kind. Now, I am worried it will hurt my stomach. So, can I take the chewable three times a week every other day, and take the coated four days a week and be okay? Or, should I just buy the coated kind and forget about the chewable? 

Wednesday night, I spent time putting dates on some of the food I bought. That is so time-consuming and hard because I had to handle it all! 

Tommy referred to the bottle of bubbles as the "orange drink." I am glad I was there to correct him.  I should have gotten the green, but he would probably think it was lime. 

NOW, he asks me the time. He must have referred to it before I put some oranges on a plate to the side of the clock. The oranges are out so he will get them more easily. But, he uses the clock! LOL, he pointed out the oranges were in the way. 

Every few days, I moan or mutter or sigh about how we/I need a dishwasher. So far, he has kept silent the last few weeks. He would explode earlier this year when I wished for a dishwasher. 

Wednesday night, we were bad. I did not have meat thawed for dinner, so I was making our August Suddenly Salad. Suddenly, on the TV were two cute Chili Cheese Pups at Krystal. They were $1 and had lots of cheese.  I wanted to go get one, and so did he. When we got there, he wanted two, so I got two. Oh me, Oh my! They were so delicious and did have lots of cheese. We carried a cold drink from home and sat in a parking lot. 

After that, we took a very short ride. At home, the pasta salad was waiting. Tommy had a salad of zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and tomatoes--grape and cherry with Italian dressing. He had pasta salad, too. I had plums with the pasta salad. 

Since Tuesday, I have been getting sicker by the hour. I awoke at 3:30 after going to bed at 2 am. I was awake for most of the rest of the night because my throat would close and I woke not being able to breathe or swallow. 

 Today, my temperature is almost 100 degrees. My throat is almost swollen shut. I kept choking on water.  We went to the Pig so I could get Ruffles. I chew them up barely and swallow them. The rough edges of the barely chewed chips scratch my throat and the salt gets into the scratches and helps heals my throat. I lost my ability to gargle when i was about 32. Now, i just throw my head back and drown! 

No, I don't think it is covid 19. The throat is a little less swollen. Now, it feels like a nap is kidnapping me. 

While at the Pig, I bought two more dishcloths that are $.99 for two. Instructions are "cold wash, gentle cycle, line dry." Are you kidding me? After I bought the first ones, I washed them on hot, in a regular cycle, and dried them on hot." Well, they lived through about six washes and did not die. So, today, I bought another pack of two. The price is right and they seem sturdy. 

Today, my new oxygen generator arrived. So far, it does not smell when running. 

I really want the September Suddenly Salad now, but I will wait. The Ruffles were half way to stale! And, they are supposed to be fresh until October. They are not doing a good job of scratching my throat. 

22 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better really soon. Things are so scary lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I hope so, too. I am feeling worse by the hour today. Tommy is going to get dinner for us.

      Delete
  2. I had to look up what a chilicheese pup was-never heard of them before, so must be a regional thing, or I am ignorant (maybe both.0 I hope you feel better. I am surprised salty hips feel good on your throat, but do what you need to for releif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      It is a thing served at Krystal. Do you have Krystals where you live? I suppose salty chips is the alternative to gargling with salty water, except this will make me bloat, face break out, and gain weight.

      Delete
  3. The chewable baby aspirin is fine. It was made for children so it’s safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. September Suddenly Salad? what is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Suddenly Salad is a boxed pasta salad. I have one allocated for each month because I love them so and would eat them every day if left to my own devices.

      Delete
  5. I hope your throat feels better soon. When I get a sore throat I gargle with Childrens liquid benadryl (store brand is cheaper) with a little water in it. I don't swallow it, unless it's time for a dose of benadryl. It seems to help, but I think a lot of my sore throats are caused by allergies. I often choke a bit when I gargle, too.

    Do you think your sore throat could possibly be caused by the baby aspirin you are chewing up and swallowing? Aspirin are acetylicylic acid--just a thought that maybe the acid from it might burn your throat?

    Suddenly Salad sounds so tasty to me.I haven't had it in years. I used to make it and we liked it, and then I started adding extra stuff to it, which made it not be very suddenly at all, but it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Cannot gargle anything. No, this is whole body aches and sore more than throat and fever.

      Delete
  6. I have stomach issues and can use the chewable fine. Doc even suggested it. I would scarf down the Suddenly salad and leave none for Hubby so I just don't buy it even on sale. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Thanks. I will keep chewing one each day. Me too. I made it right before dinner and gave Tommy a chance. He only wanted a little, so I warned him and ate it all except for a little bit on his plate. lol...not much better.

      Delete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon. I ordered a couple of boxes of Suddenly Salad with my grocery order, to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may want to contact your doctor. I know it may not seem like COVID, but your symptoms are classic symptoms of COVID. Better to be tested, and negative, than to not test and possibly transmit to someone else. Of course, you definitely need to do what is appropriate for you, and I get that. I'm strictly speaking from a medical professional, and personal experience Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      I am seriously considering getting tested. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. How is the salt content in Suddenly Salad? I have never had that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 320 mg in 4.5 servings of the BLT variety. I got just one of those to try. The rest are ranch/bacon. This is unprepared.

      Delete
  10. Please get tested. Anyone with a fever should absolutely not be going anywhere
    except to be tested.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...