Monday, August 17, 2020

A Few Monday Things

 It seems I am specializing in avoiding cooking. If I can find vegetables for a salad or to microwave/steam, I do. Sunday night, I did not feel like cooking and there was something on TV that I wanted to watch. Chicken seasoned for fajitas from the freezer and leftover chicken breast plus leftover cauliflower and broccoli were dinner. Unfortunately for Monday night all the leftovers in the refrigerator are gone. 

My car battery is still dead. I don't know when Tommy is going to ask a neighbor to help jump it off. I will leave the asking to him. sigh I just want it to work. It probably needs a new battery since this is the third time it has sat too long. 

I still have the coupons for Ball jars and lids and rings. However, I have been unable to find Ball anywhere. Has anyone found them lacking in the stores? Did you have coupons to use? They expire 9-30-20. That should have been enough time to find them. But, I am having no luck. What about you?  

Someone on here mentioned that getting a stint might make me less tired. If that is part of the problem, it must be a pretty bad blockage. I suppose I will do that and sign my death certificate with Covid, which I do not have according to a Covid19 test. 

Right now, all I want is a cheesecake, and I have all the ingredients. But, I should probably have a few vegetables. I wonder if I can put vegetables in cheesecake. ??? Maybe there is cooked chicken in the new freezer.


8 comments:

  1. Cheesecake sounds good to me! :) I hope Tommy will ask your neighbor to jump your car battery soon. It's no fun to be without your car. Leftovers are wonderful for when you don't feel like cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda,
    If I make it, it will be before the DNC. I go with him everywhere, so I don't need it to go anywhere, just want it ready to drive and not getting run down. I think I am out of leftovers, sadly. They are wonderful. I am glad god invented leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed something. Did a cardiologist run tests on you to see if and where you have a blockage that may require a stint? I hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Yes, I have a blockage. The test has not been done to see if I need a stint, but he is sure I do. The question is--how bad is the blockage?

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they will be able to determine more information about the blockage soon so they can tell you. Here in St. Louis, my daughter, the RN, says she has heard talk that they may be shutting down elective procedures in our area again because our numbers of new cases are getting near the cut off mark. Every state, or even county, can be so different with the number of cases, so that may not be true where you are.

      I learned this week that I must have the cataract removed from my eye before they can do surgery to repair the macular hole in that eye. Anything with hospitals, doctors,nurses, makes me nervous to be around right now. I'm afraid of getting exposed to the virus.

      I just keep telling myself whatever the timing on my surgeries ends up being, that is the time that will be the best for me.

      I hope everything works out well for you. Take care.








      Delete
    3. susie,
      I am not sure if a necessary heart procedure is elective. I suppose I could wait until a heart attack and it would not be elective. Yes, they cut out elective surgeries and all dental work for about two months.

      I did not know you had a macular hole. Or, maybe I forgot. Isn't wonderful how sight can be saved today?

      I have decided I am not going to fight this any longer and let the doctor make all the plans for me. Well, that is what he told me he would do. He knew how stressed out I was.

      I need surgery for a growth on my eye! Best of luck on your surgery.

      Delete
  4. A facebook friend who cans said she was having a hard time finding ball, too. My FIL had to have a stint and he felt a lot better after it was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I would like to use these coupons before they expire! Thanks. This is the first confirmation of the shortage except for the other 4 people standing in one store with me, questioning employees. I suppose I must at least have them examine me for how much blockage there is. I am just soooo tired. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...