Monday, August 24, 2020

Boxes of Stuff

 Okay, I am posting two posts today. So, you can go back to the other one that connects Coke and Covid. Just go below this post to "Older Posts" and click. 

In the past, obviously the far past, I have asked Tommy to store some boxes for me. There is no rhyme nor reason to what I ask him to store. Sometimes, it has been what I boxed the day before he came. Then, I quit sending things home with him.

The other day I opened a box of sheets. Some I have had for almost 50 years but have not used in 20 years. They are patterned and twin sized. Others are twin size and white. I decided I would sell or donate them because I have no need for them. 

A few days passed and I decided they were useful. Anyone who sews knows that a piece of fabric can have many uses beyond the original purchase. I can make curtains with the white ones since Tommy needs curtains on the room I have to keep open for my oxygen generator. There are no curtains, just tablecloths over the windows, a yellow-checked one and a red-checked on the other. Free fabric will work there. The white sheets are nice and thick so no one can see through them. 

I can use them to make a dummy for anything. They make nice patches, bags, lots of things. So, I am keeping them. These are NOT new sheets I got when I got my twin bed. Some are sheets I bought from a sale where hotel sheets were stacked sky high. I think I paid $1 for the three sheets I  bought. 

There was another box marked "refrigerator shelves." That was a puzzle, so I had to open it. Imagine my surprise when I found 8 metal stainless steel shelves about 14" x 14".  I have no idea where I got these!!! However, they are new. I imagine I kept them to use. I will get someone to incorporate them into a frame so I can store things on them. I am not sure whether I will make the frame of metal or wood. Actually, if I have the wood cut, I can screw everything together by myself. They must be for a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer. Any ideas?

These things can be thrown out or kept. Right now, I am opting to keep them. Well, not the sheets and pillowcases.

Have you ever found anything in a box that you do not remember acquiring?
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure we have boxes of stuff my MIL stored for sme reason, and passed back to my husband that he never bothered to open. She likes to save things-then pass them on. She did this for my kids-but why she owuld think I wouldn't have kept copies of programs etc. myself I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Maybe she could not bear to throw them out or that another program would be good if only one kid got it. I suppose those boxes of stuff will be easy to empty and dispose of later.

      Delete
  2. yes this is happening more and more oh oh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through (wading through is more like it) the boxes and boxes of eBay merchandise that I have not listed. I find many items that I have absolutely no memory of ever seeing before. It is a fact I like to shop for the bargain much more than I like the actual work of photographing and listing the items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I would like the shopping better than the listing of items, too!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...