Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Now I Can Read | Chloraseptic

 Tuesday morning I awoke sweating off a fever. I knew the doctor did not give me enough antibiotics last time I went! This never really went away. 

Monday night, I finally got around to freezing peas. I could only cook a portion, so the other half or less are in the refrigerator waiting for me. I put 5 cups of peas in the pot and froze 5 one-cup portions with more for dinner today. Maybe I won't have to buy any frozen peas this winter. 

I can eat a whole cup of peas at a meal. Put sliced tomatoes and slaw with it and I am in heaven. However, I don't need a cup of beans. Therefore, I only froze a cup of beans for a meal for the two of us. With other food choices we will be fine, eating enough. By thawing less, I will eat less. 

It's dreary out today. Rain is forecast, a result of summer and hurricanes. I am glad I have nothing to take me out and about. This rain and lack of sun would have been good for my plants. Oh well.  Last night, I did not sleep enough. I slept well when I slept. But, being feverish, I think a nap is in order. 

A five-hour nap did not help as I awoke sicker than ever. I told Tommy to wake me at 4 pm. When he woke me at 5 pm, he said he called me and I threw the covers off at 4pm. Then, I got up and used the bathroom and got back into bed. This, he told me; I remember nothing. I started an antibiotic. The only reason I will prepare dinner is because it only needs heating. 

I will put on a mask when I freeze the rest of the peas. Tommy can slice the squash I need to cook, but not tonight. I want to get corn to freeze. I will cook all I get, maybe a dozen ears and cut the kernels off the ear and freeze in small portions. I like to put corn in soup and taco casseroles that ends up being  taco soup. 

He has already cut the coupons that are thrown in the yard, the kind also put into the newspaper. I asked him to cut the first ones I got to give to my friend. Now, he is eager to cut them out for her. I mail these, so trimming them close helps to be able to mail them with only one stamp. 

I bought an $11 floor lamp to put on the other side of me so I can read. It is the torchiere type but with and adjustable arm with a second light. I would never, ever use this at my house. It is tacky, but hopefully it gives off enough light so I can read. The two "glass" pieces where the lights are located are not really glass but thin flexible plastic. 

I need to plug it in and get the surge protector set up with other lamp and computer plugged in. This is all behind me, so I have to get on my knees on the love seat and hang over the back and pull the surge protector to me. I am just too tired. Or, too ill.

When I have a sore throat, really sore throat, I use Chloraseptic. Usually, the green bottle is available. This time, only cherry was on the shelf. I got it since I did not want to search another store. I accidentally sprayed a bit on my lip. My lip went numb! Tommy laughs at the faces I make. It is horrible tasting! He apologized for laughing, but I really am not offended as I make faces for about two minutes after spraying that stuff in my mouth. Right now, most of my tongue, all of the back of my throat and some of my lip is numb! Have you ever used Chloraseptic for your throat? 

18 comments:

  1. I never knew there was such a thing as chloraseptic. I rarely get a sore throat but I should probably buy some in case I do so it is handy. We live a bit from a store so I like to have things if we need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      It takes away the pain. The green one is better, but I am grateful for the cherry flavor. Chloraseptic is the brand. The bottle says it numbs on contact. believe it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you will feel better soon. I use the green Chloraseptic sometimes. It really numbs the throat, but the taste is not too good. I've never tried the cherry flavor kind. I have found that a bottle of it lasts a long time around here.

    You have reminded me that I need to get stocked up on sore throat, cold, anti-dizziness, anti-gas, bandaids, just about all of the medicine cabinet stuff. It's no telling what type of shortages we may have this fall and winter if the regular flu is bad along with the Covid 19.

    I hope you will feel better soon and you will be able to get some good normal sleep, not that feverish kind.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      The cherry is awful! But, it seems like it might numb better. I am doing just that, stocking up on stuff since I always get sick in October from allergies. I need more guaifenisin. I did buy some that was manufactured in Mississippi, but can no longer find it. I am not sure where the last was manufactured.

      It is early wednesday morning and I have not slept a wink. Something bit me on the ankle and I cannot get it to stop by taking something or rubbing anything on it. I don't want to claw the skin open and have worse problems. But, the fever is gone.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are sick and hope you are feeling better soon. I do use the cherry medicines, but oftentimes the cherry flavoring has ruined real foods for me as I associate the cherry flavor with medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thank you. This is the worst cherry medicine I have ever had and tastes nothing like cherry, so I can still eat cherries. This is more like poison.

      Delete
  4. you have all the classic signs of Covid19. Have you been tested?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have been sick a while. I am curious-did they ever suggst or did you take the Covid test? Why I ask, is there are stilllots of other reaosns people get sick, so wondering if th norm is to have one done if cumulative symptons like your headache and sore throat. I'll soon get my late august-Setember allergies, so will pay attention to changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      No one has suggested it, but I did seek out one on my own--negative. I have October allergies to look forward to suffering. I don't have a headache. I rarely ever have headaches. I just need a nap right now.

      Delete
    2. Got it-Imisread tired for headache. I worry that so many people are excluded from things for non-Covid, and people carrying will not be tested.

      Delete
    3. SAM,
      Okay, I had headaches each month when I was younger. I have a face-ache from sinuses sometimes. The my eyebrows and the area under my eyes are the only thing that ache.

      Delete
  6. Even though you have had a negative COVID test, you really should be tested again. With your symptoms, it would be a matter of better safe than sorry. When you were tested before, your symptoms may not have been strong enough to register a positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances,
      I never suspected I have it. I doubt a uti is a symptom.

      Delete
  7. Yes I have it is very soothing for the throat
    As for peas there was a time I loathed them. Now I eat them with relish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      It is effective at stopping the pain, just so nasty tasting. These are not little green peas. I am allergic to those.

      Delete
  8. Hey Linda, why not try a little Chloraseptic on that ankle bite? It just might work!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...