Thursday, September 3, 2020

7 Things

Light Accents Torchiere Floor Lamp with Reading Light, Black


 1--A small economy--In the past when I wanted pimiento and cheese but did not want to make much, I used about a third of the tiny size of pimiento.  A month later, I would discover fuzzy pimiento in the refrigerator. So, this time I popped the tiny jar into the freezer door. I have not tested the pimiento to determine if this is all working out for me. I have full confidence I will have saved the leftover pimiento in a usable form. I know there is a chance the jar could break, but it is extremely thick glass and the jar is not full. If this did not work, I will let you know. 

2--Missing nightgowns--I had put the hamper with my dirty clothes in the kitchen for Tommy to take out and wash. When he brought the clothes back in, there were no nightgowns like I knew were in there. I took two at one time and dropped them in. I made him go out and get the towels and washcloths out of the dryer so I could see he made a mistake. Nope, no nightgowns. 

So, now I have a mystery. Two and possibly three missing nightgowns are a mystery since they are not in my bedroom or anywhere in the house.  ???

3--Floor lamp--There is now enough light for me to read. However, I cannot turn off the topmost light. So, I tip it towards Tommy and he turns if off and I tip it back up. It is not ideal, but I am happy with my $11 purchase. The light, lower of the two, that bends any direction, is the perfect lamp,especially with the upper light bouncing off the ceiling. The picture is the best I could find. It is six feet tall. 

4--Dollar Tree visit--so easy to spend money there! I will tell you about it later. It is a good thing I did not feel like walking! Only two things were on my list. 

5)--Nightgown mystery partially solved--Tommy went out to the trash can at my insistence and found one nightgown, the old threadbare one, in the trash along with a washcloth and two pair of panties. What is wrong with me? Tomorrow, he going to get the bottom bag out of the can. I will go out and help him! Really, I had the laundry ready and put it next to kitchen trash and just dropped dirty clothing into the wrong container. Last week, I put two pieces of trash into my laundry and Tommy came in laughing. 

6)--Why Tommy washes my clothes--I do not want to fall off the side of the carport, about 18 inches or more. Sometimes, it is dark and scary. I willingly carry his dinner or snacks to his chair everyday and multiple times a day, so I am not burdening him...lol. Believe me, I put in more steps for him than he does for laundry, and laundry is not an everyday thing.

7--New style mask--I am going to make one to securely cover only my nose when I have my teeth cleaned. It will be lined and have ear elastic. Covid19 enters mouth and nose, but more readily the nose--what I read. Maybe I will wear swim goggles on my eyes. I have my gloves and always carry a small throw to cover my feet. 



10 comments:

  1. I like you pointing out the small economies. Every bit helps save money and earth resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I was getting sick of throwing away two-thirds or at least half of my food.

      Delete
  2. Peppers freeze well so they should be fine. The consistency might change a bit, but in pimento cheese who really cares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat frozen Bell peppers, so this is not much different. The pimientos are mushy in the jar. If they fall apart, like you said, who really cares.

      Delete
  3. Well night gowns in the trash is doesn't sound as exciting as a underwear thief but it is less scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing hilariously at your continuous mixing up of laundry and trash. You may have to be careful about having them in the same room together. :D

    I'm often cold at the dentist's office. I was there yesterday and since I have to go back for a follow up I will wear longer sleeves. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I hope I have not been throwing away underwear or other pieces of laundry. My feet rarely get cold, but I will have them up. Long sleeves are rarely needed. Wear your long sleeves...lol.

      Delete
  5. oh the embarrassment I hope this does not happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I would soon run short of underwear and nightgowns if I keep throwing them away.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...