Friday, September 4, 2020

Dollar Tree Purchases

 When I went there, I had two things I was going to get. 

1) Original Dawn. It was not there, but I got a tiny (7 fl. oz.) bottle of the same stuff that is in the huge bottle that I don't like.  I will use the small, easier-to-handle bottle, and refill it from the huge one if I cannot find the original. 

2) I wanted another one of the tiny crates to put Dromedary Pimiento jars into. I got three instead of one. It looks like one can hold all the pimiento jars and the cans of tomato paste. 

3) Small wire basket about 8"x6" and 5" high. It now has my nail stuff in it. 

4) Muffin pan--all mine are in the dump. It is quite heavy to be so cheap. We will see if it holds up. Now, I need muffin papers. I will only buy the papers on sale. 

5) Pack of two brownie pans. I will get a good one somewhere, some day.

6) Five pack of the sticks you dip in the cheese that is included. No idea what they are. They are for Tommy snacks in the car. I think they are nasty.

7) Three little stick-on LED lights, sort of like hockey pucks only about 3" wide. They light up the counters very well. Now, I won't have to go find a flashlight to look for things on the kitchen counter! At $1 each, I love them. 

8) Designer eyeglass case. Ha, cheap plastic! I got it to keep the pb crackers in in my bag so they will not get crushed. 

9) Betty Crocker storage containers, red top, 3 sizes--4 two-cup containers, two 5.4 cups containers, 2 3.79 cup containers. The last is sort of long and flat. I won't store food in them, just things in packages. I am so enamored of glass containers, I just don't use plastic. Of course, that could all change. 

10) A garment bag that might fit a child's hanger and a small garment. Okay, learned that lesson. I can use it as a bag to store sweaters or something. Maybe a blanket.

11) Box of Glad Snack Bags--29 in the box and I am not sure if this is a good deal.  I suspect not.

Okay that is 17 items x $1, so it appears I have left off two items. I will find whatever they are.

12 comments:

  1. I was at Dollar Tree yesterday too . Mostly I wanted window stickers for Thanksgiving or Fall and found 2 cute ones. Also got toothpaste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of Halloween decorations and so cute.

      Delete
  2. Did you forget to include the 10% sales tax? $17.00 + $1.70 tax would bring the total amount spent to $18.70

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyeglass case for your crackers is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I thought so, too...lol. It works. I have been keeping an eye out for something to transport crackers.

      Delete
  4. I love glass containers too. I loathe plastic but I do love it's lightness, I'll use a plastic bowl every time rather than go to the effort of getting a heavy glass or ceramic one from a low cupboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I do love Tupperware! But, I refuse to buy it until I get my old broken stuff replaced! The glass bowls I have are really so heavy that I am with you about using plastic. However, I have nothing plastic to use.

      Delete
  5. I have never been to a Dollar Store but your description of one tickles my heart to someday have a look-see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Only Dollar Tree has $1 things. Dollar General and others have most things that cost more than a dollar.

      Delete
  6. Fun fact: I *HATE* original Dawn, lol. Any other scent (I call them flavors, but no, don't eat them) is fine, just not the original blue.

    Also, I will store stuff in plastic, but will not reheat leftovers in plastic. It must be in glass to be reheated.

    I know they're expensive, but you may look for sales on silicon muffin liners. They're reusable. I found some brightly colored ones at the Dollar General that were marked down at the end of last summer. I love them! I mostly use them to make homemade sugar free Reese's cups for my husband. But they also work well for baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Funny about different tastes. No, I won't be eating it...lol. I reheated in Tupperware, but I no longer have that. Tommy will reheat in a Cool Whip bowl! I am horrified. I tried the silicone liners. They were so hard to handwash, that I finally got rid of them. Mine were mark down, too. At least, I did not waste much money.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...