Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Book and Catch Up on Other Things, New Thoughts



 *A wonderful blog follower sent me a chicken book and a fringed throw that is from Alabama. It has all sorts of seed companies' ads on it. Beautiful! Thanks. Note coming later.

*I love the air fryer. It is just a pain for me to wash. I told Sam I would post about it. We need a dishwasher! So, yes, it is wonderful. 

*I also still love and use the ice cream freezer. The two freezer bowls take up a lot of room in the freezer, so I may take them out when the big freezer needs more room for food. Actually, I will just take one out until I need the room both use. 

*Sunday night, I took 3 gallons of frozen water from the freezer to gain room. They were on the counter, but I decided to put them in the sink in case one leaked. Good thing I did so. Tommy found a puddle in the floor and one milk jug only had a third of the water still in it. I have no idea how the puddle came to be. 

*My indestructible Samsung Rugby flip phone broke when I dropped it. Bummer.

*Ten spools of thread came Monday and four black are on the way. They are beautiful. I suppose you have to be a sewer to think thread is beautiful. I will put these in a plastic shoebox to keep them dust-free and beautiful. Dust is death for a serger. Well, not really, but it gums things up and must be cleaned from the innards of the machine. 

NOW, I can thread my serger. THEN, I can sew. A pair of black pants is the first thing I will make. Everyday pants are next. I may just get a pattern since my back is not up to standing and drafting a pattern. Maybe I will just cut apart a pair of pants I have. I can sew them back together like new. 

*When we were in Cullman this past weekend, Tommy said we should go and find two more electric flyswatters at Lowe's. Funny man. Now, we both have one at our chairs and he loves whipping it out and zapping these gnats/fruit flies, whatever they are. He is even letting me put a Command Hook on the end of a top cabinet to hold the kitchen swatter. 

*I keep mentioning how we HAVE to get a light for over the dining table. He used to yell or object. Now, he says nothing. Maybe I can find a cheap one at Restore. The kitchen has no light either, just the stove light and the highest fluorescent light over the sink where nothing beyond the sink is illuminated, none of the counter. 

*My nails were splitting off in layers, so I quit putting nail polish on them. Now, I am breaking them off at a record rate. So, I cut all my nails incredibly short. Hopefully, they will recover before December and I can wear pretty polish again. 

*Funny conversation here. I could not really see any gray in my hair and forgot to look carefully when in front of bathroom mirror. I asked Tommy as he walked by how much gray he could see in my part as I held my hair flat on top. He said there was just a bit that was white but that there was some that was not white, just a bit dark, and that it would "probably turn gray soon. "

I laughed so hard and had to explain that was the last time I put color on, that I made all of it darker by putting color to the ends each time like I am not supposed to do.  I have no idea how he thinks hair goes gray, turns gray or what hair color does. He actually does know how hair grows out gray, but it must have alluded him at that moment. Okay, it was cute funny. 

*My latest tomato plant did not do well. It had many blossoms and more appeared. However, none ever dropped off or made tomatoes, not even tiny ones. Now that it is cooler, I suppose it is doomed. What happened? No pollinators? That was a waste of money and hope. 

*My positive attitude about the virus has flagged a bit since I have been rushing toward my October and yearly illness. However, I feel more hopeful every day as my temperature goes down a few degrees each day. I think I need to employ the three inhalers and see if that helps me stay well. Falling leaves send me further into illness. Is it any wonder I am not thrilled with fall? 

*I bought the cheap in the mouth electronic thermometer, but the little pieces to slip on it are an expense. I am not even sure if it is accurate. Then, we bought the Omron touchless thermometer. Both have one flaw. 

The case for the first is clear-as-glass hard plastic. The round cover for the touchless is not clear and not so hard but still can see through it. I know either case/cover will become invisible easily or if on the floor. So, I took nail polish and made marks on both pieces of the case and coated the round cover of the touchless. Now, they are visible. Do you ever use nail polish to mark things for whatever reason? 

*Tuesday, I am making tomato, yellow squash, yellow onion,  chicken casserole and cheese. It will be yummy and so nice and warm. Monday night--no casserole, just the foods. I made the peach dump cake/cobbler on Sunday night and had the rest on Monday.

How is your day going? It is getting cooler here? 






12 comments:

  1. My day isn't going quite to plan but we had yesterday's leftover chili for dinner today and I made the leftover turkey pieces into stir fry along with stir fried noodles and veggies. That will be for Wednesday dinner. I really don't like cooking tht much so I like it when I am a bit ahead of the game. Alternatively I try to do make ahead dinners but I don't do that for more than a week at a time and I my freezer isn't really big enough for that if I want to put anything else in it. Once I get rid of a big wheelchair in my home I hope to get a small freezer. That will help a lot. I hope tomorrow I can get to a big priority of mine. I hope you have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any day that I have a dinner ready, east to assemble, or can get something like a hamburger is a good day! Do you use a wheelchair? I hope your priority gets proper attention and you can tell me about it.

      Delete
    2. I agree about a good being a day when dinner is ready or made ahead. The wheelchair belonged to my later mom and I've been storing it for far too long when I need the indoor space. I finally donated it to someone needy but then the battery died and a new charger is required. My friend took on the project to raise the funds and fix the wheelchair for the person who needs it. It's all taking time. As for my priorities, I said "big" but it isn't big in scope just big in impact. It's setting up on line government accounts and filling out government forms. For some reason it keeps getting pushed to another day but it must be done so I can cross it off the list and get to the paper decluttering jobs.

      Delete
    3. I really need an electric cart or wheelchair, but not at home, just for shopping. I am sure the recipient is grateful. Hopefully, your forms and accounts get resolved soon. I am decluttering the floor of food.

      Delete
  2. It is very cool here! Not looking forward to highs in the 60s and lows in the low 40s or high 30s. That's the forecast for this week.

    My husband uses my fingernail polish to mark his golf balls. Puts a little X on them so he'll know which are his when he's golfing with buddies.

    I used to use white out to mark my favorite ink pens so no one I worked with would take them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That is really cool. Next week we will be about ten degrees warmer than you.

      I used white out to mark things before I used polish on my nails. That's great your husband uses polish for his golf balls.

      Delete
  3. Today it's FINALLY cooler here in South Carolina. I have almost every window in the house open and I am LOVING it! I also need to replace my dishwasher. It broke in January and I haven't replaced but I sure am getting tired of washing dishes and while I LOVE our air fryer it is a pain in the rear to wash in the sink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      I am suggesting every few days he needs one. Yes, that is a pain to wash in the sink! Will it warm up again before winter?

      Delete
  4. It's getting cooler here in NW Arkansas! And the tomato, squash and chicken casserole sounds yummy! That is funny about the gray hair, but I really smile when I think of the fun you two are having with the electric fly swatters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm
      I did not think you lived in Arkansas. We really get into swinging these slowly through air and hearing the popping.

      Delete
  5. I wonder if the photo title is a reference to MacBeth? You know the line?
    "Fair is foul and foul is fair" ?

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...