Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Celebration Has Begun

I am interrupting the regularly scheduled program to tell you I feel better than I have in a month. I quit taking anything to help me sleep except for liquid melatonin. Plus, the antibiotic is working! I no longer feel too tired to walk to the kitchen! 

From today until next Friday, I am celebrating my September 11th birthday. My daughter does this. Can I get away with it? 

I started Friday. For weeks I have felt crummy and put off things I wanted to do for myself. Friday, Tommy got the next door neighbor to help start my car with the new jumper cable bought over a week ago. I can do this, but my hands are not the best at doing things requiring strength for squeezing the metal part. Tommy can do it all by himself, but if anything came loose from the battery poles, he would have to step up over a foot to carport or go a long way to get to where the carport is level with grass. 

The guy actually did have to go up and down three times. Tommy was in his car and would need to get his walker out to fix the cable. Between the three of us, we got it done. lol...I only started my car. 

Of course, the car needed to be driven, and if it would not start because the battery was dead permanently, I would need a new battery. Auto Zone lady said it was at 40%, to drive it more; I did.

Then, I drove it through the drive-through car wash. It is unnerving! So much noise, so dark, and Tommy is telling me what to do. Hands off wheel, foot off pedals, and car in neutral--that's a lot to remember when the car is rolling and I want to keep it from running away! 

Every fiber in my body wants to put my hands on the wheel, put a foot on a pedal, and put the car in drive. Car wash actions on the signs are so unnatural after a lifetime of learning what to do. It all feels so out of control! 

On Friday I got things for my fun thing today. I bought tulips and daffodils to plant in a container for my front porch. I plant them together and in the spring the daffodils and purplish tulips are spectacular growing together. 

That is my Saturday fun--clean car and flowers planted. Oh, we are going to the hand wash guy to have him clean it better. These guys use a closed service station to set up their car wash and they get out and handwash the car. I think it is very clever and enterprising. The gas station looks ancient and probably had two pumps, like the ones when I was a child. The guys have a bucket, rag, and hose. How simple.

We will go a bit later and buy floor mats. This car, used when I purchased it, did not have floor mats. I never could afford them before, and Tommy may still purchase these for me.



6 comments:

  1. That's great that you are sleeping better and starting to feel better (I guess the two go together somewhat right) and yep, start celebrating your birthday as early as you want! Why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Yes, I am quite sure they are connected. Plus, getting well and changing sleep med to none has helped it all come together. I did need a four-hour nap yesterday after a full night of good sleep.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better. And your trip thru the car wash was so funny. It is the way I feel...all so unnatural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! "Come celebrate with me everyday something has tried to kill me and has failed" - L. Clifton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      None of this is spectacular so far, just little things that I want to do or things I want to eat...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...